web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#528130 09/16/11 04:53 PM
billyho Offline OP
OP Offline
I am putting in a 12x40 SBX for a customer who has analog CO lines now, but they are swapping over to a PRI once the telco is ready in a month or so. I thought I'd get them used to the new way of processing calls without using CO keys so they're ready for the PRI when it comes.

They have 4 sets of lines and answer each set differently, so they need them to know which set of lines are ringing in. They also need to answer multiple calls. I decided the best route is Call Coverage keys using Hunt Groups.

I set up some hunt groups with phantom locals 140-147 and programmed co lines to ring into the hunt groups. The setup can work the same way once they get there PRI service.

I used phantom locals so that the locals are never busy, because the calls are being picked up on real locals with the coverage keys. I have also tried it with real locals 100 & 101 with the same results.

I programmed station 100 with Call Coverage keys for hunt groups 620 & 621. I put a couple loop keys on the phones, and some call park keys, and activated call coverage. Calls ring onto the correct call coverage key and it works great. Problem solved.....or so I thought!

The problem lies in the second call. When the second call appears on the coverage key you have to put the first call on hold, then hang up and go offhook again to get the second call. If you put the call on hold and press the flashing key you can't pick up the line, then when you hang up the coverage key goes out but the phone keeps ringing and the display now shows the hunt group. When you go offhook you automatically grab the call.

Anyone had much experience with Call Coverage keys? I think there must be a setting somewhere, perhaps in station attributes, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#528131 09/17/11 04:29 AM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
I have No Idea what You are trying to do, BUT... What I'm Thinking is KISS = SBX. That is until 'Somebody Writes a Better Installation Manual'

I Think the system has potential, But, We spend too much Time figuring out how to make it do " all it's Bells and Whistles " to really make any MONEY on it.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#528132 09/17/11 05:52 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Can you program a "Release" key on the reception phones? If you can, that might help the situation.

#528133 09/17/11 08:23 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by nonameyet:
I have No Idea what You are trying to do, BUT... What I'm Thinking is KISS = SBX. That is until 'Somebody Writes a Better Installation Manual'

I Think the system has potential, But, We spend too much Time figuring out how to make it do " all it's Bells and Whistles " to really make any MONEY on it.
...what he said!!!

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#528134 09/17/11 08:45 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Calls ringing into a hunt group should not receive a busy, calls cue up for the first available phone. I don't see what advantage using call coverage keys do for you. Just make the phones that are going to answer a member of the group.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
#528135 09/22/11 02:30 PM
billyho Offline OP
OP Offline
If the hunt group is a ring group and stations are programmed onto the DSS, it ends up looking like a Christmas tree with all the Flex key LEDs flashing. If it's a circular hunt, it goes to the next station and a second call can't ring in, which is what they need. Same goes with Terminal Hunting and UCD. Also the only thing that identifies the hunt group is the display, and they can sometimes be hard to see under certain conditions.

Using a Hunt group Call Coverage key, and using a virtual station for a member means no real stations are used and no "Christmas tree" effect on the phones, just one flashing call coverage key. I'm also able to have all the functionality of the hunt group messaging functions etc. I have the hunt group overflowing to a CCR table that says hold on or press 1 (goes to Box 100) to leave a message, then send it back to the hunt group if the user doesn't do anything. It adds missing functionality to the hunt groups.

Now if they fix the second call problem it'll work perfectly.

If you've ever worked on NEC systems they have CAP and CAR keys, and the setup is similar.

#528136 09/23/11 04:10 PM
billyho Offline OP
OP Offline
I just found out from Toni today about "no dss indication" in System Attributes that turns off the christmas tree effect:)

Unfortunately it doesn't work with hunt groups:(

#528137 09/24/11 12:23 PM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
"no dss indication" turns off the christmas tree effect

Thanks. The Christmas tree effect is annoying. Are there any downsides? Does this only affect the station ringing indication or does this also turn off the busy lamp?

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#528138 09/24/11 12:57 PM
Admin
Admin
I use the "no dss indication" on all installations with no bad results. Wasn't aware it doesn't work with hunt groups however.

[Linked Image]
#528139 09/24/11 01:11 PM
Yeah. I just tried it on my system and since I used a hunt group, it confirmed what billyho said. Will I ever reach a point where I don't need to keep learning these little "tricks" that are impossible to glean from the manual? I just want to start slapping them in and be making money from them like in the STS days.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024