web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Has anyone put a T1 card in on the SBX and used DID's for a multitech fax finder? So calls come into a ring group, then hit the analog ports of the fax finder, the fax finder sees either that last 4 digits of the fax DID or the extension that was being called, and sends that fax as an email attachment to whatever email is tied to that account??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I have an SBX with a PRI and a four port fax server. I don't think the fax server really pays attention to the did number, but we are only using three did numbers to the fax server...all of which used to be published pots line numbers to individual fax machines. Now that the server is on the PRI all four ports can answer any fax to any of the four original numbers.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
so how do you have the sbx setup? You have the DID ring in to the ring group, and the fax server sees the incoming DNIS..say your DID is 555-555-1212 and someone sends a fax to it, does the fax server see that the call was meant for 1212 and then can email a user based upon that? What we are trying to do is have 20 users with their own DID's and when someone sends the user a fax it will convert it to a tiff and send them an email with the tiff attached....

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
As far as emailing that is up to how your fax server works. I can tell you how the SBX functions. Yes, you set up your fax DID numbers to ring to a circular station hunt group. There are as many extensions in the group as you have fax ports. Those SLT extensions should have data line security enabled so there are no camp ons or overrides as well as the fact that if all ports are busy a new incoming fax call will be disconnected instead of ringing with no place to go.
Also with data security enabled an outbound call from any fax port across the PRI will send a 3.1KHZ message to the CO instead of the speech setup message.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Most of the fax servers I've setup have been programmed like a voice mail. Then you forward the did extensions always to provide the proper routing to the appropriate person.

OP Offline
johnp,
what do you mean programmed like a voicemail. Then you forward the did extensions....? I am used to doing this setup with the Avaya IP Office, in there we set a phantom station, which is forwarded to the hunt group. Those analog ports are set to dtmff so the dnis is sent to the fax finder and it will be able to route based upon the phone book that we setup in the fax finder i.e. 1212 goes to [email protected] and 1213 goes to [email protected].... So I just set the DID's to ring to the group and the fax server should see what number it rang in on and be able to route based upon that?

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,898
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,008 Shoretel
190,192 CTX100 install
188,357 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 119 guests, and 139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024