web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
billyb Offline OP
OP Offline
customer has a door phone at his gate. works great. also have relay 1 on DSS (flex button) that opens the gate. one push works great.

Is it possible to assign a button to ccr or mailbox that will trip a relay and open gate remotely? ie if he is not home and needs to open his gate remotely?? I was thinking external page via vmail but that failed. Any help would appreciate it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I don't think so. You might want to try sending an unused SLT port to a Wheelock ring relay. That way, the CCR can transfer the caller to the SLT extension which then fires the relay. You'll need to be careful to only allow one ring or the relay will continue to fire and repeatedly open/close the gate.

I do wonder about security though, since anyone can call and press the CCR digit with no restrictions.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Actually...There may be more than 1 way to do this but the simplest way ( I tested it in my office )Is connect an analog ext. ( 107 for example) to an unused co line port. I programmed a system speed dial bin ( 2005 for example ) with the door open code #*1. I assigned digit 7 to ccr 1 as system speed dial 2005. I called into the auto attendant, dialed 7, It grabbed the co line I selected in speed bin 2005, dialed #*1 and it worked. However, you could probably also turn an available co line into a disa and accomplish the same thing, but you would have to dial the #*1 manually. There was a problem though, and I'm sure it could be worked out with a little further playing around. The lines did not release after I hung up.

I agree with Ed also. Anybody could open the gate using this method.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Actually, it does hang up after the call. I was trying it using intercom dial tone instead of true co dial tone from the carrier to test. So it should work the way I stated above with no problems assuming you have an available co port and analog ext. available.

billyb Offline OP
OP Offline
I was on the right path but did not put in the "#*1" in my speed dial bin. Where did you find the "door Open Code at?? I'll give it a try.

The security could be the only problem. I have also been toying around with the sbx alarm (on station 1) and have it half tapped it to the open door relay and alarm kicks to selected phones whenever it opens. Not sure how annoying this will be....

Thanks all for the help

I found the code on page 160 of the programming manual under the "flexible numbering plan". I suppose you could create an account code for the analog station you used as the co line for security, but you would need to put a couple of pauses in the speed dial bin to allow time to enter it.

Another way you could do this for security... Create a digit such as "7" in ccr 1 (7 would point to ccr 5 (for instance) create digit "4" ( for instance in ccr 5 and point it to ccr 6. create digit "8" in ccr 6 and point it to the speed dial bin. You have just created the password "748".

Or... you could re-number a virtual ext. to something like "371" and have it externally call forwarded to the speed dial bin. Then you would just dial the virtual ext from the main menu.

Just some thoughts. Someone else may have an easier/ better idea.

Actually page 383 in the 3.5 manual. I was looking in the 2.0 I believe.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,632 Shoretel
189,519 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 133 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024