Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#52963 06/08/05 10:31 AM
ditzen Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an AXXESS ver 4.1,with T1c and PRIcard.
We recently entered a new contract with same carrier using dynamic allocation usind 2 T-1s.
The network speed improved and Pri worked fine
until we started to use carrier furnished LD codes as part of our LD package.
Since then,when calling LD,there is a delay in sender reaching the receiving party,with the receiver sometimes hanging up,before the LD code is entered.The tec's have concluded my PBX is sending an audible ring ahead od LD codes,most likely a pbx version problem.HELP!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sorry, but if you are using your providers account codes, then the system will not connect the line till after the account code is dialed. Tho you can check this by using an account code that is not assigned to you and see if call goes thur. But with providers account codes, no call would be placed if account code was not correct.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
ditzen Offline OP
OP Offline
Pursuing the tech recommendation to do a software version upgrade,what is the highest ver upgade I can do,and still keep my OS2 voicemail?Thanks!

mrb Offline
version 7.0 was the last to support the OS2 VPU. Are you sending the same acct code for everyone or do you use unique acct codes for each individual?

mrb Offline
Reminder the CPU 112 will not migrate past 4.4. If you have a 112 it will be a hardware swap to a 128 or 256.

ditzen Offline OP
OP Offline
My cpu size is 256.
We use a unique account for each user.
to clarify the problem,when we dial a LD number,we are promped for an account code.when entered,the call goes through,but what we hear is the conversation with the first part of our customer's answering missing.
another way to expain is when we do the same dial as above,the customer's recording should say "you have reached the office of xxx company;only,what we hear is "the office of xxx company.
If you go back and dial with account codes off,you hear the entire conversation.
Presently,we are operating with account codes off.Things work OK.
Thanks for your help.
Before I posted,I spent 3 hours going through every post going back to early 2001.I could'nt find an exact duplicate of my problem.I was really impressed with all of you moderator's very objective and patient responses to the hughly different skill levels of the techs' postings.
Thanks again!

We are all glad we can help you and others in this forum. I do have a couple other questions, if I may. Does your display on your digital phones, show enter account code? Have you attempted to dial an account code that you know will not work, and verify the call does not go through? Is there an extra long wait after you enter the account code, and when it does go through are you always in the middle of the conversation?

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
ditzen Offline OP
OP Offline
We are now operating with account codes turned off by the carrier at my request.
When account codes are on,and we dial a LD #,we are prompted by an audio tone for the account code.When you then enter the four numbers,you see them individuly appear on the display as you enter.Instantly,after entering the 4th digit,they all disappear and with no,or very little delay the ringing occurs and call is completed.when the call is answered,we do not hear the very first portion of the receiving party's answer.
The amount which is lost is much more with New York,New Mexico,and some,but not all,of Houston area's numbers.We seldom experience the problem with Dallas area's numbers.
I have used a non working 4 digit code to test,and there was no call completion attempt nor completion.When using a non-working code,the system keeps prompting for a code,and promptly completes the call when a good one is used.
My tech is an independent INTER-TEL specialized tech.He is not now an employee of Inter-Tel,but was when I bought the system in the late 1990s,and he did the installation,and reinstalled when we relocated offices.In the last 3 weeks,he's done over 12 re-installs,with multiple T-1s,much more complicated than my system.He really know's telecom and INTER-Tel sytems.
My plan,with my tech's work,is to upgrade only to the extent needed to fix what is perceived to be a software deficiency in the early ver 4... systems.I'm VERY satisfied with my Inter-Tel system.Apparently,I was a very early buyer of the AXXESS system.I do feel that I should have been notified of a software deficency,so I could have upgraded if it affected my operation.I did not switch to the T-1c/w PRI until my move in 2001.
I'll fix it,or do without account codes.I could buy an accounting package to manage PBX generated account codes,but the carrier managed codes are much more convenient.
I guess I rambled on too long.
Thanks!

I have alot of respect for your tech, as that is also how I started. I have worked with many systems of ver 4.1-4.4 and have never seen your problem, and I am sure your tech has told you that logically it does not make since. When using account codes you hear a tone from your LD carrier, so that means the call has left your system and arrived at the LD carrier, they then check the account code and pass the call on to the receiving party, so if any part of the call is dropped, it is in there hand off, and no upgrade could fix that. Of course I am not on site, and your tech is, but I would think that he is seeing this same thing, and that it is the LD carriers problem, and it is something to do with the account codes. Tho it does throw me for a loop that you state certain areas that this is occuring, and other areas that it does not occure. Please do let me know if you do upgrade, if that does take care of your problem tho. If I were a betting man, from the information you provided, I would have to bet against it tho.

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,476 CTX100 install
187,625 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024