web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Paula Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm a complete newbie, so be gentle with me. We have an Intertel Axxess 7.01. We have only 8 employees and a few more than 8 phones on it, including a few IP phones. A number of things need to be configured correctly and we had a local vendor in to do some of it, but there is still a lot of inconsistency between behavior of phones I think should behave the same way. Before I get into details, I'd like to know what you guys use to gather information from new customers on how they want each phone to behave. I can list off issues, but I want to present a more coherent picture of how the users and phones and hunt groups and mail boxes, and attendant stations should all relate to each other. And I don't completely understand everything the system is capable of, so it would also be helpful to have some sort of configuration planning guide for this effort.

I've looked at the DB studio and with great care managed to do some things like make sure that DID actually goes to the right phone, but I'm wracking my brain over why unified messaging simply doesn't send messages anywhere even after the vendor "set it up" for us. I think some of why things are not working as they should is that my predecessor in this function may not have been clear about what our needs are. I'd like to be more organized in laying out what we want. And I'm not at all afraid of technology - I'd be happy to get in there and do the work myself, again, once I can lay out how it should be. I wish I could get hold of a programming guide, though. It seems you have to jump all over DB studio before you've finished configuring the simplest bit. I asked the local vendor if they would train me for the basic stuff (like making sure that DID calls to phones which are on DND go straight to voice mail. I've looked hard and long at this thing, but can't find a difference between the stations that work right and the ones that just ring forever.

Any guidance any of you are willing to provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Paula B
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

First, Welcome to the board. Now on to more detailed items. Each vendor would use a basic plan for programming, tho each vendors would be slighly different. Basicly the vendor should walk thur with you during the initial set up, how you wanted each call, call type, and any special phones to re act to different items.
The DID number going to a phone in DND to VM, is a simple check marks in the forwarding path for that extension. ie. Day or night, DND, and for most likely Call Routing table. I say most likely because you PRI should ring into a call routing table, tho with only 8 employees, a PRI is a bit of an over kill.

Hope this helps some. Post again if you need more assistance.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
Hi Can you not get your vender to come back and correct the problems. Be very carfull changing the programing as it can be very tricky. If you can not get the problem solved email me and i think i can help. [email protected]

------------------
Alan Gordon

[This message has been edited by 73agordon (edited August 13, 2005).]

businesstelephoneofpa.com

Planing your phones future is our business.
Paula Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
First, Welcome to the board. Now on to more detailed items. Each vendor would use a basic plan for programming, tho each vendors would be slighly different. Basicly the vendor should walk thur with you during the initial set up, how you wanted each call, call type, and any special phones to re act to different items.</font>

Thanks for responding! The original set up was long before my time, in another physical location to begin with and moved to our present office. Was done with a service person we are no longer using, for ourselves or our network services clients. He was long distance and very informal and difficult to get hold of when we needed him. Nothing was documented. The new vendor is local, we aren't under any long-term agreement, and before I spend company money for an endless string of nagging little "can you fix this, how come that doesn't work the way I expect it to," I wanted to map out the relationship between people, phones, group functions, etc. so I could make more effective use of an engineer's time. The current local vendor did help us get the system working on the new T1 in this office, and helped some in reconfiguring from "mostly IP phones" to mostly internal multi-line stations.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The DID number going to a phone in DND to VM, is a simple check marks in the forwarding path for that extension. ie. Day or night, DND, and for most likely Call Routing table. I say most likely because you PRI should ring into a call routing table, tho with only 8 employees, a PRI is a bit of an over kill.
</font>

I think it is PRI, actually. Our incoming service is a split voice/data T1.

Re the forwarding path for that extension.... we only have one forwarding path right now, the one that takes calls to voice mail by sending them to extension 2503. Here's what I see that has me confused about why it doesn't work the same on all the phones:

System\Devices and Feature codes\Stations\360
Forwarding paths = 1
ring principle once = no
station - busy = no
station - dnd = yes
station - no answer = yes
station - immediate = no
system - day mode = yes
system - night mode = yes
fwd call type - call routing table = yes
fwd call type - co ring in = no
fwd call type - co transfer/AA/VM = yes
fwd call type - co recall =no
fwd call type - DISA = no
fwd call type - IC calls = no

When dialed directly, this extension, when in DND will send the call straight to VM.

Another station, 366 looks exactly the same, but does not send the call to VM when in DND. Where do I need to look next to trace this down?

Paula B
When you say dialed direct, do you mean on that exts DID? If so, you need to make sure that station - DND is yes, system - day or/and night mode is yes, and fwd call type - call routing table is yes. If both are correct need to verify that 366 have a VM box and that Call Forwarding is turned on under station flags.

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
Paula Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
When you say dialed direct, do you mean on that exts DID? If so, you need to make sure that station - DND is yes, system - day or/and night mode is yes, and fwd call type - call routing table is yes. If both are correct need to verify that 366 have a VM box and that Call Forwarding is turned on under station flags.

</font>

Thank you! That's what was wrong - the flags were different! I have no idea why, but I have them all flagged correctly (at least for THAT functionality) now.

------------------
Paula B

Paula B

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024