web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#532289 08/09/12 03:56 PM
OP Offline
I have a quandry. Customer has an XTS-IP, single cabinet, MPB I, Rev. 3.0, and ACD. Up until now day, night, and special modes of operation has been sufficient for the one ACD group that is set up. The group handles calls from multiple customers who dial into the group via D.I.D.. My customer knows who is calling and therefore how to answer based on the D.I.D. label. Calls from each D.I.D. are routed to the group or voice mail based on day, night, and special modes Flash 43. Now we need a fourth mode. Of course there are only three. There is a tenat feature on the XTS. My question is, can a member of one tenant group be a member of an ACD group which resides in another tenat group? If so, should I be able to create more ACD groups in another tenat group and have that tenat group route calls based on the day, night, special mode of the tenat group separately from the main tenat group? Sorry to so long winded. Thanks.

Jim Dickey
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Hey folks. I see that people have looked at my quandry, but no replies. Does this mean what I am trying can't be done? Thanks. Jim

Jim Dickey
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Jim, it cant be done. Tenant is what tenant is and there are only three operating modes.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Derrick #532552 08/11/12 07:31 PM
OP Offline
Thanks much Derrick. I see in the prog. and ops. manual that each tenant group has control over its own day/night/special schedule. This is from the version 3.0 manual, "Tenant Groups can use Flash 22 programming to assign their own automatic day/night open and close schedules (refer to “Day of Week Programming” on page 2-266)". Am I reading it wrong? I know the the XTS very well, but have not tried to "fool" the system like this before. I'll do some testing tomorrow. If there is an interest, I will post the results. Thanks again, Jim

Jim Dickey
OP Offline
Hey folks. It worked! If anyone wants to know the details, let me know and I'll post them. Jim

Jim Dickey
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally Posted by Jim Dickey
Hey folks. It worked! If anyone wants to know the details, let me know and I'll post them. Jim

Don't need them today, but you never know what tomorrow holds. Why don't you post the details so we can learn!

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Its always nice to be reminded that there are nuances in these systems that some of us have forgotten reading about. Read the old feature package tech fact updates? How novel an idea!

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

MnDave #533385 08/19/12 02:43 PM
OP Offline
My customer is a medical information company. The ACD grp answers calls from callers who have been transfered from various drug company information lines. Each drug company provides information to consumers on its specific drug via the knowledge base resources of my customer.

Callers come into the ACD grp via a D.I.D. that is associated with a specific drug comapny. Different companies want their callers to be answered during different time periods each day. The requirement is for four time periods.

I kept tenant grp 00 and added grps 01, 02, 03, and 04. Each grp can have its own attend with a night button. I assigned an attend for each tenant grp. Each D.I.D. is labled in Flash 44 respective of the drug company associated with it. Each D.I.D. is pointed to a virtual sta in Flash 43 and that sta is placed in a specific tenant grp in Flash 51. Virtual stations to be answered by ACD during the same time period are in the same tenant grp. Each Sta is fwd'd after 1 second to the ACD grp for day and to the voice mailbox of the virtual sta for night. The attend for each grp controls day and night by the night service button programmed on the phone. I had to enable tenant grps in Flash 5; assign an attend to each grp in Flash 10; enable C.O. line sharing in Flash 41; enable tenants icm call in Flash 6. It works.

Jim Dickey
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Pretty cool.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill), 59 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024