web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Background: I am an IT consultant that has done some phone systems in the past (Avaya and Vodavi). My client has a SX-2000 - way overkill for a ~50 room hotel - and we need to add another analog extension.

I have a serial cable connected to the unit and can bring up hyperterminal. Ctrl-w gets me to the login screen and it says Start Session. I have the user name and password, but I can't get a session to start to enter a username and password!

The tech they were using for Mitel programming (remotely) has disappeared - no return call in weeks. Nearest city is 100 miles away and the techs want to charge almost $400 just to show up!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

While we can't give you specifics on how to get into programming, I can tell you what you are doing in HyperTerminal is not correct to enter programming. When you have a proper login screen, there are two screens that ask specific questions before you enter user name and password.

If you are getting to the user name and password screen and it is not working, this usually means the user name and password have been changed. You will need to have the owner write a letter to Mitel and have them default the login.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Admin
Admin
It would help if you specified what city or area you're in. Hypertrm is pretty forgiving, so you either have something set wrong or a bad data cable. Try a null modem adapter. Settings arfe usually 9600,n,8,1 with no flow control. You need to emulate a VT-100 terminal IIRC but even if you use ASCII or TTY, you'll get something if you are connecting.

Carl

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
$400? Pretty reasonable. 4 + hours of wheel time and 1st hour on site. The techs have a lot of knowledge that they didn't get for free. However, if you don't have the installer name and PW, he won't be able to do anything. I'd suggest you have them try to get in remotely. Cheaper and then you will have your new remote programmer in the bargain.

Just a thought. How much does the owner owe the previous tech? Fair warning, if there is a problem over a bill and the tech lodges a formal complaint with Mitel, nothing will happen until Mitel is satisfied that the problem is cleared.

Last edited by Lightninghorse; 08/15/12 03:48 PM.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024