web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#533747 08/24/12 12:09 AM
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
custoner called and line 1 wasnt ringing. its a stse. i moved it to line six and programed it and it was ringing. this morning they called and said it wasnt ringing again. i was going to replace the ksu but when i got there it had 130 volts on the co line. when ringing it jumped to 160 vac. when off hook it went to 25 vac. it was high on line one and two but not 3 and 4. a few minutes later it would be ok on 1 & 2 but high on 3 & 4. this happened over and over until the phone company tech popped in. he used his tester and said there was no ac voltage on the line. i put my meter on it right after him and registered ac voltage. i put my volt meter in an ac outlet and it registers correct. anyone have an idea whats going on here. thanks dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I found this site extremely helpful with POTS lines. He has a test page that you fill in and it helps determine where the problem might be.

https://www.sandman.com/loop.html

I don't work for the company nor do I know him at all. Found the site while trying to troubleshoot problems. It helped me out.

-Stephen

Take the Caller ID card out of the STS cabinet and see if clears anything.

davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
i will take a look, thanks. as far as the cid card i dont think it is that. i was testing line one with it not connected to the system. the other ones were connected to the system when i tested them but i did try it with the ksu turned off. it really does appear to be coming from the telco.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
130 volts is used by telcos on analog loops that are extremely far out from the CO to compensate for voltage drop. This is most common in OPX circuits. In this area, the CO technicians refer to the loop extenders used as "Lorrain units". You really need to get this resolved because this voltage will most certainly continue to blow ports on this (or any) KSU.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024