web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#534012 08/27/12 06:31 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer who has a 48button DSS. They moved some office locations around and while trying to re-install its not working. I have a couple of questions. 1. Does the DSS need its own port/extension? I have heard 10 or 11. 2. Do I need a power supply? If so (I have the transformer) how does it wire in? I know it powers the white/brown pair but have heard you do not need it with 1 DSS. 3. I tried the DSS without power coming out of the AUX on extension 10 to no avail.

Talk Communications INC.
631-698-TALK
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Yeah, you need the transformer. Go back to where you removed it, you should find a spliter pluged into the wall, plug the phone into it, plug the transformer into it, plug the dss into your phone.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
OP Offline
Ok so the splitter goes onto the extension coming from PBX? Power goes in one end then mounting cord to phone on other. Then in on the phone line in and aux out to dss? Is that all correct?

Talk Communications INC.
631-698-TALK
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
They are a little weird,but easy when you've done a bunch.I can email you the docs if you really need them.

1. Plug the adapter into the wall jack.
2. Connect the D8W line cord: Plug one end of the D8W line cord into the J1 jack on the adapter. Plug the other end into the IN jack on the bottom of the autodialer.
3. Connect the power cord and power unit:Plug the blue-tinted connector (labeled D8AC) of the power cord into the
jack on the power unit.
Plug the other end (clear tinted) of the power cord into the J2 jack on the
adapter.
Plug the power unit into an electrical outlet.
4. Plug the phone’s modular telephone cord into the OUT jack on the bottom of
the autodialer.

Last edited by dtmf; 08/28/12 12:34 PM.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
[quote=dtmf]They are a little weird,but easy when you've done a bunch.I can email you the docs if you really need them. 1. Plug the adapter into the wall jack. 2. Connect the D8W line cord: Plug one end of the D8W line cord into the J1 jack on the adapter. Plug the other end into the IN jack on the bottom of the autodialer. 3. Connect the power cord and power unit:Plug the blue-tinted connector (labeled D8AC) of the power cord into the jack on the power unit. Plug the other end (clear tinted) of the power cord into the J2 jack on the adapter. Plug the power unit into an electrical outlet. 4. Plug the phone’s modular telephone cord into the OUT jack on the bottom of the autodialer. [/quote] Perfect I will try this tomorrow. Appreciate the input.

Talk Communications INC.
631-698-TALK
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PNDRdO428Y

Last edited by skip555; 08/28/12 10:02 PM.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024