web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have 3 NEC systems connected with CCIS and incoming calls to certain stations don't report SMDR. Here is the scenario:

2400ICS ---- CCIS RT00A ---- SV8500 ---- CCIS RT00B ---- IPS2000

Incoming routes from Telco come to the 2400ICS. An incoming call to operator terminates on the ICS. She answers the call and upon request, transfers the call to a station on the IPS2000. As you can see, the call goes on CCIS RT00A to the SV8500 which then passes it on the the IPS2000 via CCIS RT00B.

The called person on the IPS2000 can see the caller ID of the original caller. However, SMDR reporting is funky. SMDR is being reported by the 8500, and it collects SMDR from the other systems, so all 3 system's SMDR is reported by the 8500. What gets reported is this:

1. A call terminating at the Attendant's extension, with correct incoming caller ID.
2. A call that the operator's extension is called the final party's extension
3. A call showing RT00A as extension receiving a call from the original caller.

While 2. and 3. are unnecessary, I would need to see in SMDR the final extension getting a call from the original caller ID.

I've been playing around with ARTD of the routes involved (SMDR/SMDR2/SMDR3) but didn't seem like I was able to make any change to the results.

Doing further tests reveils that calls destined to a station on the 8500, which is the 2nd pbx on this "chain" has the same problem. SMDR doesn't show a call to the final extension, but only an SMDR entry for a call to the Attendant, and an SMDR entry to the RT00A from the original caller ID.

Anybody expert on this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

was this feature working before?
what type of Telco lines are connected to ICS? ISDn or Analog lines?
in ARTDN what have you set to SMDR4, and CI?

OP Offline
Since I only have a few extensions on the IPS2000, I never noticed it before, but I think it's been like this since the beginning.
The incoming routes to the ICS are IDSN-PRI lines.
ARTDN command is not set for any route on the 8500.

May you refer to cenralized billing "C-55" and check the programming against your all PBXs "ICS, SV8500 and IPS".
wish you good luck.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,758 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024