The newest additions will be at the TOP.
-------------
Q. I have a pet peeve. I dont like it when I call someone and my call goes straight to their speakerphone. Im often left saying hello to dead air because the person isnt there. I wish there was a way that my call would only go through if someone was there. Can I make it do that?

A. Yes, you can be in control of your calls! You can program your phone to always send non-handsfree calls using the Ring Intercom Always feature. Which means your calls will always ring until someone picks up the handset or presses the Answer button during your call.

To enable this feature, dial the feature code 377 with the handset in the cradle.

By the way, this feature is different from the Handsfree On/Off (319) feature where the receiving station determines whether they will receive calls handsfree. You could use that feature to keep other people from going straight to your speakerphone.

See, you can control the handsfree feature from both directions!

-------------
Remote Call Forwarding

The Remote Call Forward Programming feature allows you to forward a station’s calls, either from another station or through DISA. Each station has a password to limit access to this feature. This feature is handy if you need to make changes from a remote node or from your IP phone.

1. If calling from an outside telephone, access the system through a DISA line and enter the Remote Programming feature code (359). Or, from another extension, just enter the Remote Programming feature code (359).

2. Enter the extension to be forwarded.

3. Enter the extension’s password, followed by #. (This password defaults to your extension number, but you can change it.)

4. To turn on Call Forward enter one of the Call Forward feature codes. To turn off Call Forward, enter feature code (355) and then hang up instead of entering a destination.

Call Forward All Calls (355)
Call Forward If Busy (357)
Call Forward If No Answer (356)
Call Forward If no Answer/Busy (358)
5. Enter the forwarding destination.

6. Hang up to complete the programming.

-------------
Q. The other day when I was working at home and using my IP phone, I realized that I forgot to set my office phone in Do-Not-Disturb. So I called a coworker and asked her to change it for me. Is there some way I could have done that myself without bothering her?

A. You're in luck! There's a really cool feature called Remote Do-Not-Disturb Programming. It allows you to place your phone in Do-Not-Disturb mode (DND), either from another station (including your IP phone) or through DISA. Each station has a password to limit access to this feature. Here's how it works:

If calling from an outside telephone, access the system through a DISA line and enter the Remote Programming feature code (359). Or, from another extension, just enter the Remote Programming feature code (359).
Enter the extension number to be placed in DND.
Enter the extensions password, followed by #. (This defaults to your extension number, but you can change it.)
Enter the Do-Not-Disturb On/Off feature code (372) to enable or disable DND.
If enabling DND, you can also enter the text for the second line.
Hang up to complete the programming
Now your coworker doesn't have to change your DND messages!
-------------
Q. Sometimes when I leave my desk I come back to lots and lots of messages. But my phone display only shows the last one that I received. Is there a way I can scroll through and choose which one I answer first?

A. When your MSG button is flashing, it may indicate more than one message. When you have more than one message, you can press the MSG button over and over to view each name of the person who has left a message.

When you see the name of the person whose message you want to answer, press the # button or the REPLY menu key while on or off hook. Depending on how the message was left, an intercom call is placed to either the station that left the message or your message center (typically voice mail).

Did you know that you can also cancel a message without answering it? Just press the * key. (However, if the message came from voice mail, it will reappear when the voice mail system refreshes message lights.)

----------------------

Q. I often have to use my cell phone when leaving voice mail or picking up my messages. Is there a way I can skip some of the prompts and burn fewer minutes?

A. The pound key (#) is your friend!

Generally speaking, pressing # during any voice mail operation will advance you to the next step. For example, when leaving a voice mail message for another voice mail user, you can press # to skip the person’s introductory message and proceed directly to the recording phase. Similarly, while listening to messages, you can press # to skip the system-generated voice prompts and proceed directly to the playback phase.

Also, when you are retrieving new messages in Voice Mail, you can skip the envelope information by pressing #. Envelope information can always be retrieved by selecting Option 5 before or after listening to messages.

So you can keep on truckin’ as you're saving minutes!
---------------------------
Q. Third party call accounting software is not able to put the pieces together on multi-node trunk calls?

A. We suggest using Inside Track - latest version (2.201).

-----------------------
Q. Can't pull SMDR information from voicemail PC buffer?

A. The most often solution is to verify the wiring is per our RS232 cable kit part number 828.1282. Any other cable configuration usually does not work.

----------------------------
Q. Can you use record-a-call while monitoring as hunt group supervisor?

A. No, there is not a feature for this at this time.

---------------------------

Placing Non-Handsfree Calls

Dear ITY Adivsor,

I hate it when I call someone and the call goes thorugh handsfree without me knowing it. Is there a way to make sure the other person picks up when I call?

Needs Privacy,
Amarillo, TX

Dear Needs Privacy,

Yes, you can override the handsfree feature when you are placing a call. You can force the extension you are calling to ring instead of letting the call go through handsfree.

To place ONE non-handsfree call to a phone that has handsfree enabled: Press # before dialing the extension number.

To have ALL of your calls ring as non-handsfree calls: Enter the Ring Intercom Always feature code (377). To turn off the feature, enter the feature code again.

Enjoy your privacy!

--------------------------

Dear ITU Advisor,

My phone has multiple personalities! Intercom calls are VERY LOUD and outside calls are too quiet. Can I do something to make the volume levels the same, or does my phone need therapy?
Sybil
Enigma, GA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sybil,
Your keyset actually has eight volume settings:

handset intercom
handset outside call
speakerphone intercom
speakerphone outside call
background music
ringing
handset intercom dial tone
speakerphone intercom dial tone
To change each of these levels, you must be using that feature. For example, if you want to change the speakerphone level for an intercom call, you must be on a handsfree intercom call.

To change a volume level:

Press the high or low end of the Volume key to increase or decrease the volume.
To save your change, press both ends of the Volume key at the same time. If you do not save your change then the volume will go back to the default volume setting when you’re done.

--------------------

Q. How do I turn off the "Your call is being handled by the Inter-tel Voice Processor System"?

A. This was added in 6.0 systems. In system programming, select 'Voice Processor' on the left side of the screen, then on the right side the 'Identification Prompt' can be set to No.

--------------------

Q. Why is 10 digit dialing not working (ARS sends number after 7th digit dialed)?

A. Check and make sure all local 10 digit area codes are in the Home Area Code table and Numbering Plan - Area Flags are properly configured. The first two flags are the only ones usually enabled in a 10 local dialing plan.

--------------------

Q. I have no audio on an NT Voice Mail.

A. Most likely the AVDAP Service is set to “Automatic” and it should be “Manual”.

--------------------

Q. My speakerphone is not working.

A. You have you DSP programmed for “Enhanced Speakerphone” and phone programmed as “Standard Speakerphone” or vice versa Or in the case of DKSC16+ cards you may need to upgrade to the latest firmware.

--------------------

Q. My Voice mail gets stuck with “Loading Custom Tone Table” on the monitor.

A. This is what is displayed when the voice mail RS232 connection is not up (check the RS232 cable, RS232 connectors, and com ports are functional).

--------------------

Q. My EVMC floppy drive does not work.

A. If the floppy drive light stays on constantly, the ribbon cable is on backwards. Power down and reverse the ribbon cable on the floppy drive.

--------------------

Q. Can I upgrade a 256 CPU to a 512 CPU by changing the PCM card?

A. Yes, but there's more; a PCM-D exchanges to a PCM-F and upgrade the 256 CPU card with the CPU 512 chip kit, part number 828.1458. Components U25 and U41 combined with PCM-F will make the CPU have the 512 capacity. The field recommendation is to exchange the CPU/PCM as a complete assembly; it makes it easier to do on site (no chip handling and board disassembly/reassembly risking a failure).

--------------------

Q. Transfer to a non-associated mailbox returns "Mailbox is Invalid”

A. There is a system flag for this - Set “Validate Voice Mailbox Numbers” to “NO” .

---------------------

PinOut for Axxess Cable Connections.

I'm adding this here as it seems to be a regularly requested item.

Here is a great post made by JJ on how to create the cable:

Inter-Tel Axxess Direct Serial Connection:
The cable is something we make using the correct pin-out. What you need to get is a female db9 connector and wire it as follows:
Green = pin 3
Red = pin 1
Black = pin 2
Yellow = pin 5
Short pins 4&6 together
Short pins 7&8 together
Use this pin-out with a standard reversing telephone cord. The telephone cord plugs into the RS232 port and the other end plugs into the db9, which plugs into your serial port on the PC.
I like to get the rj45 style because they're more versatile. If you want, you could use a straight through patch cable (rj45 to rj45), just use the pin-out I gave you but reverse the GREEN with RED and also reverse the BLACK with YELLOW, this will allow the use of a straight through patch cable. This way you could patch it into your patch panel and direct it out to a workstation.
To connect to a laptop with no serial ports, you need a USB to serial converter.

Good Luck!!

To veiw the entire thread from where I pulled that post go to: https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/000587.html

Also, here is a diagram for the adapters. Inter-Tel says to use a 4 pair cable.

[Linked Image from tracecarpenter.com]

-------------------