web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am trying to get my FTP root directory structure right so that I don't have a $#!*fight every time I try to upgrade phones on a customer site. I seem to have gotten everything correct for SMT-i3105 and SMT-i5220 and have no trouble here. Yet I am still reduced to upgrading 5243's using a USB key and as for the 5264 AOM I have nothing but trouble. Does anyone have a clear instruction on how to upgrade these devices?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Create a new folder and download all the files into that folder. Point the TFTP server at the folder you have created. Set the TFTP server address in the phone and start the upgrade through the phone, seems to work best.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I found that different TFTP programs perform differently.

3cdaemon is the best I've found and its freeware (also a syslog and ftp server).

The IP AOM's can be annoying, and I've had to resort to http for the 5243 in the past.

Also be aware that the latest firmware for the 5243 disables the headset key (regardless of the setting before the upgrade).
You can turn it back on in the settings

OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. I did find out the hard way about the Headset key being disabled when I upgraded my own phone recently. Nice feature that. NOT. What I am trying to achieve is a standardised directory structure that I can easily drop the latest firmware in the correct spot and be able to expect that a scheduled upgrade(say midnight) on a customers site will work first time.

T.C Offline
This is currently driving me mad today on the SMT-I5243.

No success using 3C Daemon TFTP server. Have tried the root directory in different scenarios but no joy, the best i can get to on the phone is BOOT UPLOADER 0% then crashes!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I've used the free TFTP server from Solar Winds to upgrade i5243s with no trouble at all. I made the early mistake osf setting the root directory to the upgrade zip file instead of the folder with everything extracted, but once I got past that rectal-cranial inversion, had no troubles at all.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
I put the upgrade file path as c:\smt\smt5243 directory in 3cdaemon. I have the rfu file & the itp-series folder in the smt5243 sub directoy. I then set up as normal in mmc841 for upgrade server & phone software version. The go the Phone information directory with password & go down to the s/w upgrade option. Works everytime for me.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I remember giving up on tftp once on the 5243 and just using http as it just worked 1st time

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, dans, nonameyet, Yoda), 164 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024