web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I volunteer at the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore, (like a thrift store for building materials and the like), and stumbled upon this : https://www.flickr.com/photos/phone-man/8101190619/
Unfortunately it was WAY too heavy, and I don't have the space to put it. it appears to be an analog telephone switch, and I really regret not getting it, as the scrap guy picked it up the other day! frown
My question is, what exactly is it, and did I make a huge mistake in not getting it? I could find no markings on it other than "Automatic Electric, Northlake Ill"

The man who donated this, along with a bunch of electrical supplies, was a retired electrician and plumber and also worked for "Ma Bell" in the day.

Last edited by Telxonator; 10/18/12 06:48 PM.

Will G.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Possible it's a connector bank. Appears to be rotary selectors at the top but there's 11 in the group. It may even be an intercom switch. Layed hands on a lot of AE stuff but that's a new one!

Admin
Admin
It was probably not anything historic. An AE-100 stepper exchange or a Leich-40 would be something to get excited about, but a single relay box/intercom not so much.

Carl

Geeze, I landfilled the working NT Pulse PBX about 15 years ago. It probably cost me about $1200 in storage fees before I wised up.

I know I am weighing-in rather late but it is an Automatic Electric PAX worth a considerable amount of money in the collectors community.

Probably from the 32A-series; there should be a nomenclature plate giving the model number.

If anyone comes across one in the future they should snap it up and check with APB or myself for further information for documentation and to earn some spending money.

Thanks!

OP Offline
WECo, It saddens me to know I let this one go! Regardless of what it's worth money wise, I should have bought it for historical reasons, and so it could be preserved and appreciated by others.
If I ever come across any more items like this, I'll definitely think twice!
On another note, I would have hated to be responsible for shipping it anywhere as it weighed an estimated 100 to 120 pounds!

Will G.
My Western Electric 200-line 701B weighs 3000#. Don't be bashful about adopting things. We can always find a home for them.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Arthur,

Duly noted. Have any pics of that behemoth?

I someday want to start my own telephone museum, so others can see and enjoy these telephones and related technology.

I must say,(not trying to be boastful) I've got a good start, with over 60 telephones ranging from a Kellogg "cathedral top" magneto phone, to 90's "character phones" and even a few payphones too!

Will G.

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,179 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024