web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
At present it only has busy and no answer to voicemail, but even when those are removed it still goes back to the main greeting. I tried putting my own phone in the same place as the users and it responds the same as well. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It sounds like the voicemail does not recognize that extension as having a mailbox. Are you sure that the association between the mailbox and the extension is set up correctly?

It will help to know exactly what sx200 -- does it look like a refrigerator, or like a row of PCs, or like a microwave, or like a pizza-box sitting on top of a microwave?

Also, what voicemail? Replay, Repartee, NuPoint Messenger / Mitel Mail, Express Messenger, EMEM?

Check that the extension is forwarded to EXACTLY the same thing as other mailboxes. Check that the mailbox number matches the extension number.

If voicemail is EMEM, check the number of mailbox licenses, and check that the mailbox is assigned to the extension.

Can you log into the mailbox and check messages?

With forwarding removed, how many times does the phone ring before it forwards to the main greeting?

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Telephoneguy
I guess I don't know how to setup the association between the mailbox and ext. except to have the same ext in device setup and use the same ext when setting up the mailbox. Is there something more I need to know?

I believe it is an SX200 ml/el. I have about 6 cabinets over our site and various digital and analogue cards on site.

I believe the voice mail is Express Messenger since when I log into the admin box to make changes it says "Welcome to express messenger telephone administration..."

I know that the phone is forwarded on busy and no answer to voicemail just like all other phones and the mailbox and ext. are both the same as well.

prior to all the deletions, removals, and recreations of the mailboxes I did put a message in the users inbox which they were able to get. Now that I think about it I did not try that myself, but I remember them saying the light wasn't on... I was thining the light was just bad, but perhaps the light wasn't on since the users phone was somehow not associated correctly???

Thanks again.

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Westerntelephone
Thanks for trying to hlep! It was the same one ring and then back to the main greeting. Thanks-

Then it's still forwarded or is on dnd.

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
how do you set/remove do not disturb? Is dnd associated with a phone, port, or ext and would dnd allow for calls from internal extentions even when it was not allowing for external calls. I would also thingk that it should send them to voice mail and not back to the greeting.

I have switched card port and the phone with no sucess so if dnd is on the ext then that would make since...just need to know how to toggel.

So you're saying that when you call it internally from another extension it just rings and rings?

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
if I call from internal it will ring until voicemail (or the user) picks up and a message can be left. If I call from outside and select that ext it will ring one time and go back to the main greeting for our orginization.

I suggest that you go in to maintenance and do a show status of that extension, call into it and see what is taking place.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024