web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again Westerntelephone,
I really don't do much aside from change the time on the maintenance side. Is there more I need to know prior to trying this or any pitfalls I need to be awere of before hand? Thanks-

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

No, it's a good tool to use.

Wait a minute. I think I read one post that asked you to remove all forwarding. Did you do that? If you do, what happens when a call from the outside is directed to that extension?

With the forwarding removed, if an outside call is completed to another working extension and that call is transferred to this problem extension, what happens?

When you write that the outside caller goes to the company's main greeting, is the greeting coming from the system voice mail automated attendant feature or is it coming from another piece of equipment being used for auto attendant?

There are a lot of variables here that need to be nailed down. I am convinced it's not a switch issue. When you deleted the extension, you wiped out every condition that could have existed that would make the problem you described. Check out all the "boxes" and provide a list of everything that is associated with the telephone system. With all the pieces in place and known, this is an easy problem to correct.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey RCAMan,
You are correct I did remove the forwards (on busy and no answer) to our vm system on the users phone. This did not have any effect on the issue. It would say now transfering to user name one ring and then back to the main greeting. I have deleted the vm box since then so the users name is no longer there (unless he has recreated it again), but still same result.

I also tried going to my own office ext/phone and then transfering to the problem ext. which would result in the call being sent right back to my phone/ext. On my display it said "ringging back" I believe and when I pick up my phone I have the outside call again.

Yeah the "main greeting" I am refering to is our vm system. When you call our main phone line you first get this message allowing you to select ext. or dial by name and a few other options. If you dial by the users name or select the ext. directly it will say now transfering to user ring once and then you hear the main greeting again as though you call in again.

What sort of informaiton do you want me to gather and from where? When you say "boxes" are you refering to hardware? I could go so far as to list all of the cabinets and associated cards in each, but I don't know if all of that is pertinent.

Something that has recently been pointed out to me that may be a helpful piece of the puzzle... In the past when I have had to move an ext/phone to a different place on site I have simply removed the ext (or given the cab/slot/port a different ext) and put the users ext in the new cab/slot/port location. I have been told this can cause a breakdown between the ext and vm box and that it is best to use the move option. This particular user/ext. was moved prior to the issue happening (twice in fact). I have moved numerous users in the past two years without any issue like this so not sure what is different. The user moved to a location that was previously occupied by an analogue phone, but after moving the jumper on the punch down the drop is going to the digital card it should...

I hope something I have said will help move us in the right direction. Thank you all agian for helping out with the strange puzzle.

Again, if you remove all forwarding on the phone then call from outside does it just ring and ring?

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Westerntelephone,
No. When i removed forwarding and called from out side I got one ring and was then dumped back to the main greeting. No change at all. Thanks-

Also for clairification when I say I get one ring I mean to say that the caller hears one ring...the user at his desk doesn't get any rings. I hope that makes since.

What tenant is the phone in? Same as the trunks?

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
yeah we only make use of one tenent

Did you try show status of ext. in maintenance?

The reason I wanted to know what equipment you had is because the Mitel EL/ML is a little different from the old spine system and the ICP. Most all the programming and configuration is the same, but there are subtle differences.

OK, so since the problem extension is the exact same COS and COR as other working extensions and is in the same tenant group, there is one other place to look. Check out form 19 and see where the trap is set for illegal and vacant numbers. Also, check form 17 and let me know which hunt group and pilot number is the VM ports assigned.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024