web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,
I will check the two forms you suggested and the trap in maintenance as well soon. I have been stuck at home and the boss man doesn't want me bringing bugs to share so the on site tests will have to wait a bit. Will let you know when I can give you details on those two things.

I have also thought that I may just move the touble ext. to my own cab/slot/port and see if the issue persists. If so then it is certianly something to do with the ext/vm box and not the hardware. Do you guys think this is a worthwile test?

Thanks again.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It wouldn't hurt to to program the two ports and see what happens.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,

Thanks again for all your help throughout this problem. I believe I have everything working again thanks in no small part to you all.

This morning as I was preparing to look over the two form, check the show status on the ext., and move it to my own phone's b/s/p location I noticed that there was a place holding ext for another b/s/p that was the same ext. with an addtional number on the end...our ext. are 3 digit and the place holder was 4 digit the first three of which were the ext. for the user. I changed this place holder to another number outside of our normal ext. range and tested again. I guess the vm system did not know what to do with this and just rolled the call back into the main greeting.

If anyone want additional informaiton on the issue or clairificaiton please let me know and thanks again for the help.

To be honest, your explanation does not make sense, to me, but, no matter, the main thing is that you have solved your problem. I knew, early on, that you did not have a switch problem and the resolution would be one of those "head slap" moments.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Rcaman,
Thanks again for all the help. All I can say is removing the 4 digit extention which had the same first three digits as the trouble 3 digit ext. corrected the issue. Sometimes I wish I could get to the head slap moments without the head bang moments in between. Anyway thanks again.

Okay, now I understand why you had the problem.

This sort of technique -- using "placeholder" extensions -- is an extremely poor practice because it requires the system to use "conflict dialing." The call can't complete until the inter-digit timer waits to see if you're going to dial another digit.

It is better to leave the unused PLIDs unprogrammed. This also tells you, later, that the PLID is available, whereas a "placeholder" makes it look like the PLID is in use. I recommend that you delete all of the "placeholders."

oops Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Telephoneguy,
Thanks for the reply and help along the way. I have only been involved with this mitel system for about two years and I have had to learn everything from scratch. Comming in I didn't want to make any changes unless I understood (or at least thought I understood) the ramifications so I maintained this porcess, but hearing your thoughts on it makes a lot of since. I may have to start removing entries and get rid of the placeholders. Unfortunantly I have some port that are known to be bad and they don't always get fixed right away...do you use placeholdings in this case? I.e. "bad Port" for a comment or similar?

Thanks

The best practice is to replace the card (low-powered cards are hot swappable on most digital Mitels).

I have seen techs put a piece of tape on an ONS card and mark "ports 1-3 BAD" or similar. In programming, you can program it to an unused non-conflicting number, as per your numbering plan, and name it "BAD," but replacing the card is the best practice.

Is the phone in a different tenant? There are a couple of interconnect forms that restrict calls connecting from different tenants or devices.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024