Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
OP Offline
We have a large XTS system that sometimes gets PRI channels locked up. At times all of the channels will be locked up and will have to be reset from the config screen, or by pulling the PRI cable.

When this happens, D B (Display Busy from Maint) shows channels in a "DISA TALK" state with another channel. (See the output below.) DISA is turned off as well as any other thing I can think of that may cause the channels to be joined together.

Any thoughts?

C 17 VOICE C 18 0000 0-- 0- 0000 DISA TALK C0018
C 18 VOICE C 17 0000 0-- 0- 0000 TALK C0017
C 20 VOICE C 21 0000 0-- 0- 0000 TALK C0021
C 21 VOICE C 20 0000 0-- 0- 0000 DISA TALK C0020
C 22 VOICE C 23 0000 0-- 0- 0000 DISA TALK C0023
C 23 VOICE C 22 0000 0-- 0- 0000 TALK C0022

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Disa Talk indicates some kind of system access..When I dail up a modem on a pri and dump the slot data, I will see DISA Talk. You said you have DISA turned off...maybe not. If the system has 4.0 or 4.10 software..it will turn DISA on 24 hours for random did numbers. You may want to check route programming for did numbers you are not using and check the DISA option. Next time you have a problem instead of dumping busy devices just dump the slot data for the pri card and take a look.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/23/13 11:28 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick. The software is 3.0.

I've gone through all of the DID numbers and have not found anything.

I understand what you're saying about the modem being seen as DISA TALK, but if you look at the printout on my original post, it shows that C17 is connected to C18, C21 is connected to C20 and C22 is connected to C23.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I don't remember if my printout showed DISA TALK, but I had a customer with agents using SLTs. They started pressing their flash button (non-programmable) rather than the hookswitch with had positive disconnect and constantly tied up all the channels. The hot shots thought getting dial tone 2 seconds faster was making them more efficient.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

I've seen what MNDAVE said as well.

How about users call fwd to off premise? I believe it shows it as DISA TALK to because it will tie up 2 PRI channels together to make the fwd call.

OP Offline
Dave, you might be on to something. This system has 264 analog ports. How would I find out which one is causing the issue? When I free the lines, SMDR doesn't show any extension associated with the channel.

Gary, I have considered that, but the SMDR shows the incoming and outgoing numbers and it doesn't look like that is happening. Is there anywhere in maintenance that I can see if phones are forwarded?

I appreciate everyone's help!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Smdr will only show what facility had the call last. So if someone flashes (with either the hookswitch or a flash key) and confs two trunks together like an off site transfer, and they hangup the phone they are no longer on the call and will not be on the smdr record.

The procedure for trunk to trunk on an slt is

To make a Trunk-To-Trunk Transfer
1. Press the FLASH button. A dial tone will sound.
2. Dial [9].
-or-
Dial a CO line/group access code.
3. Dial the desired outside line destination number.
4. Hang up to complete the transfer.

If this is what is happening then disconnect supervision is not working. Check flash 50 page c button 17 slt supervision. I believe this is primariy a co function and should be enabled to detect a loop current is broken and an outside call is no longer in use. You disable it for analog voice mail ports so the line will drop as soon as the outside party hangs up.

You might also check the disa/conf timer and see what it is set if, if disabled (00) the lines might not disconnect. That time is flash 01 button 9 and works in conjunction with disa to disa co enable flash 40 button 4

Last edited by Derrick; 01/24/13 05:22 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

What we did to stop the unwanted trunk to trunk conferences was to have the call center supervisor demand that the agents use the phones as they were trained to do. We also shortened the conference timer but I seem to recall another timer also needed to be modified. When I return to the office, I'll try to look at my notes.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Derrick,

The DISA/Conference timer is set for 5 minutes. DISA CO-to-CO is disabled. The disconnect supervision you referenced is for cutting off analog ports, and I'm not sure how that would help. Since this is a PRI, DS shouldn't be a problem.

Dave, please let me know if you figure out which other timer needed to be modified.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The SLT disconnect supervision supervises the analog ports and I assumed that is was primarily for analog POTS but you never know. You have so many slt ports in use on a pri. I have an XTS with 65 slts on a T-1 but those ports are not used much so I have not had this kind of problem, not yet anyway.

When someone is on the phone and another did call comes to the same phone, does the caller get a busy signal and does the person on the phone get a call waiting beep? Are the slts forwarded to voice mail? If not and they get an indication of an incoming call, are they doing what they would do at home, which is hit the flash button? Just curious to how it works. Like I said I don't have any slt phones being used on a PRI. I do have fax servers, credit card readers that sort of thing in use with no problem like the one you are having.

Last edited by Derrick; 01/25/13 11:30 AM.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024