web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#544436 01/28/13 05:47 AM
OP Offline
Just took over a customer with a KX-TDA50 and attached KX-TVS50. Havent programmed in a few years (like 10) and need to re-initialize the voicemail on a system. The system in my customers office was used by another group and no one from that group is around anymore. I have the password to the mailbox at the main phone and to programming interface and they want me to clear out all the voicemail boxes so that each user can set them all up again. I've tried getting in from the main phones mailbox but not finding the adminsitrative option to reset each phones mailbox back to the defaults. I kind of remember a code you type at the main mailbox to get to the admin mailbox but i'm drawing a blank. Please help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

download the manuals !

OP Offline
ShawnC, I have the manuals.... It talsk about connecting a PC, I was looking for a solution from the phone to reset user mailboxes, I remember something about 998?

OP Offline
I'm looking for something similar to like on the NEC192, where you can reset user mail boxes from the administrators phone. I didnt want to have to setup and connect a PC every time someone forgets thier password or the staff changes.

Admin
Admin
This isn't tne NEC forum, so the chance of you finding an answer in the PANASONIC forum is real remote.

As far as your TVS question, when you get to mailbox 998, turn the page. 999 is the system owner's mailbox and you can add, edit, or delete mailboxes from there.

Carl

OP Offline
??? I'm looking for an answer on a Panisonic KX-TDA50, the reference to the NEC Elite 192 was for a similar feature in NEC I'm familiar with and anyone else who programs more then one system. If you look at my first post you will see I am talking only about KX-TDA50 and attached KX-TVS50. Everyone is so quick to say get the manual. I have the manual and if everything was so straight forward the customer wouldnt need us, and we wouldnt need forums.

that said, Thanks, I had already tried 999 as well. A previous post set me straight with the #6*998 (and #6*999) that I did get into but now it appears the password I have is incorrect. Question, If I follow the instructions for a voicemail reset, I dont care if we lose all the current voicemails but will I have to connect my PC and re-setup all the mailboxes and permissions or will it default to a state where I can just do the rest by phone (ie: 999, 998, or individual mailboxes via each extension)?

If 998 and 99 aren't setup with passwords during the install then you won't be able to use them.

Originally Posted by Sundancekid
If 998 and 99 aren't setup with passwords during the install then you won't be able to use them.

Do you have this confused with another system perhaps? While it's not advisable (as it presents a major hack/security hole) the manager's mailboxes will work fine without being password-protected. Or maybe you are thinking of the updated security features in the newer TVS units, which don't allow access to the manager's mailboxes thru the phone unless it is enabled during initial configuration.

Originally Posted by dajohnso
Question, If I follow the instructions for a voicemail reset, I dont care if we lose all the current voicemails but will I have to connect my PC and re-setup all the mailboxes and permissions or will it default to a state where I can just do the rest by phone (ie: 999, 998, or individual mailboxes via each extension)?

If you do not have the password you will have to default the system. It's what you should do anyway....the instructions to do it correctly are in the installation manual. Yes, you WILL have to connect a PC to configure the system again after defaulting it. And be aware that the TVS requires a PC with a serial port and a null modem cable (USB/serial adapters usually don't work).

Originally Posted by dajohnso
Everyone is so quick to say get the manual. I have the manual and if everything was so straight forward the customer wouldnt need us, and we wouldnt need forums.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but last I checked the purpose of this board was to help end-users solve problems by pointing them to the correct areas of system programming or documentation. It is not designed to help bootleg installers work on equipment they have not taken the time to educate themselves on.

The installation manuals are perfectly straight forward for those of us who have taken the time to read them and practice on the equipment before trying to do it for a customer. If you have not worked on one of these in 10 years and cannot understand the instructions in the manual, you need to get some local assistance from or refer you customer to someone more experienced/qualified. It isn't fair to them otherwise.

Admin
Admin
Hey guys..this post is almost a year old. Pretty sure it's been ironed out by now.

And TA in KC is correct about the purpose of the board...if ain't in the users guide then don't post in the open forums.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024