web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#545322 02/07/13 01:52 PM
OP Offline
How do you have mailbox 990 chain to 991 on a ES Voicemail on a MAS. I guess what I am trying to say is I don't want the 990 instructional greeting coming on just chain right to 991 after the greeting just like on a LVMU. I must be missing something.

Thanks....

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

990 is the first box that answers, then on chain done it goes to 991. You'd have to go into the config to change it so 991 is the fist box to answer - I've never done it this way though - not sure of the drawbacks. I've normally recorded a very brief bit of silence in 990 and the entire greeting in 991. Now I actually use the 990 for part of the greeting that never changes, and 991 for the options that change seasonally.

In the ES voice mail, there is no mailbox 991. There are instructional greetings in 990 (up to 7) that can be recorded and configured to play via the auto-scheduler. The VM will play the greeting and then transition to the insructional greeting. Once both greetings play, the VM will then follow the chain done programming.

It is recommended to record an Instructional Greeting in 990 since callers will be bounced there in the event of dialing something the VM can't process. Usually we have the customer record "Thank you for calling ABC Company" in the greeting and then the instructions and/or information in the Instructional Greeting.

You can try recording a second or 2 of silence in the greeting and then use the Instructional Greeting as the main message.

If you are familiar with the Pilot DN feature you can also create phantom extensions that direct callers directly to mailboxes and totally get around this. For example, 600 could be day greeting, 601 night, and 602 Holiday. Then Night service and DIT can be used to control where the calls will go.

@ AllanI - In mailbox 990 you can turn OFF DND (I know this is counterintuitive but yes, you do this) and in the extension field enter @G(991) This will send callers straight to mailbox 991. No real caveats, anything the VM can't process will be sent back to 991. This will get the greetings to the callers a bit quicker.

Last edited by Meyery2k; 02/07/13 02:31 PM.

Michael Meyer
OP Offline
I want it to work just like the LVMU for this reason. I come from the NEC world and in their Voice Mails you schedule Day & Night Greetings. The Administrator can call in remotely to override the schedule i.e. closed due to bad weather. That greeting will stay on until you turn off the override mailbox then it goes back to scheduled greetings. I have customers who want that same feature on the CIX. On the LVMU & GVPH I have found a way to do it and it works great. Now I want to do the same on a ES. I can make it work but I just want to know if I have to use the instructional greeting in 990.

If I understand your post correctly and the customer uses AA for frontline then yes, the Instructional Greeting in mailbox 990 is analogous to the greeting in mailbox 991 on the LVMU. You can dial in, log into mailbox 990, and change the instructional greeting as desired. Since there are 7 greetings you can record them ahead of time and invoke them as needed (for a snow day, etc...)

The only fly in the ointment I can see is that the ES will follow the schedule if defined so it is not a true override in the sense that the NEC is doing.

Michael Meyer
Originally Posted by Meyery2k
The only fly in the ointment I can see is that the ES will follow the schedule if defined so it is not a true override in the sense that the NEC is doing.

That is pretty much the same with all the Stratagy voicemail systems, IVP8, LVMU, ES, etc. At least on the Strata Messaging (and IPedge) you can change the mode to bypass the schedule.

Now if they could only have the voicemail systems "Night" mode sync with the night key on the phone....

OP Offline
This is what I did. On 990 I have it chain to 683. On 683 extension field I have @g(991). When I want to override 991 the customer can log into 683 remotely and turn on DND. It will play the greeting in 683 now until they go in and turn off DND. Then it will go back to the schedule of 991. In the ES I got it to work with a second of silence in the instructional greeting of 990 but it has a longer delay. That is why I want to eliminate instructional greeting of 990.

Originally Posted by erniejoey
This is what I did. On 990 I have it chain to 683. On 683 extension field I have @g(991). When I want to override 991 the customer can log into 683 remotely and turn on DND. It will play the greeting in 683 now until they go in and turn off DND. Then it will go back to the schedule of 991. In the ES I got it to work with a second of silence in the instructional greeting of 990 but it has a longer delay. That is why I want to eliminate instructional greeting of 990.

So it sounds like you are not using the instructional greeting in mailbox 990 since you have a second of silence. You are using chain down I would assume.

Option 1: reverse the recording. Put sec of silence into main greeting and record message into instructional greeting. Also make sure chain done value is 0

If you are ambitious, you can also set up a Token to put it into emergency. With a token you could set a variable to 1 and then if the variable is 1 send the caller to a specific mailbox. The manual has a good explanation of tokens and they are not as daunting as they look. In fact your @G is a token.

BTW I like your setup on this.

Michael Meyer

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024