Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

I have just installed a Samsung OfficeServ 7200 which I have programmed and got working fine except for the auto attendant which is using the SVMi-20E module. I have recorded the 1001 greeting and I have logged into the SVMi-20E and created a new AA menu to tell it that 1 goes to Ext201, 2 goes to Ext204 and 3 goes to Ext202 but the system is still using the old menu! Can someone tell me how to get it to use my AA menu all the time instead of the default menu?
I tried editing the original menu which works OK except I can't see how to stop the sysyem voice from telling me that it's transferring my call to the extension eg. I call in and press 1 it says "Please hold while I transfer you to extension 201" I think this is in the Eclass menu but I'm not sure how to stop it happening. I be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks for looking.

Regards,
Del

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You need to remove some of the prompts in the eclass.

As for your menu, you will need to add entries into the forward trunk menu to send the calls to your AA.

Or use an announce only mailbox with no greeting to send it there

Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Nameless,

Thanks for your help, I'll take a look at those settings later today and let you know how I get on.

Regards,
Del

Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Nameless,

Thanks for your input, I've now got rid of the message after entering one of the options and they go where I want them to. I have just discovered 2 more peculiarities, first of all I don't get any caller ID, not even "unknown" when I dial in, is there somewhere I have to tell it to pass it through after the caller presses 1,2 etc.? It says the call is from 225 which is the first port on the SVMi-20E card. Second thing is when I dial the voice mail from an extension to check messages it all seems to work until I press * to exit, it then plays my recorded 1001 message that callers hear when they dial in! Any ideas why it should do that? Can I get it to just hang up? Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Del

Last edited by Del; 02/17/13 12:27 PM. Reason: Typo
The caller id should work when it comes through. Make sure that in 119 you are showing caller id name and number in lines one and two. It will show the transferring from 225 as a default because the AA is transferring the call to that station. Once the call begins to ring at the station, then the caller will have it in their caller id log.

As for the * that is a way to log out of the vm box and go back into the AA. The reason it plays the main greeting is because that is the default operating mode for the AA.

Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Biztel Cuban Okie Tech
As for the * that is a way to log out of the vm box and go back into the AA. The reason it plays the main greeting is because that is the default operating mode for the AA.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, so is there a way I can change the default operating mode for the AA so it hangs up?

Regards,
Del

T.C Offline
No, you need to put the handset down or press speaker key if using handsfree.

Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to the help here I have got the AA to do what I want it to. However I am still having a couple of problems,
1. the Caller ID doesn't seem to work, I have set name first and number first in MMC119 but it still doesn't show up, does it need a card for caller ID or is it built into the MCP?
2. When I call in and choose any option eg. press 1 for sales it rings the correct extension but if I hang up before it is either answered or goes to voice mail the extension will continue ringing for 3 rings and the line light stays on for 90 seconds after the last ring, during this time you can't make or receive calls on that line.
After looking in the manual about connecting analogue lines to the 8TRK2 card it shows P1 Port as having 4 connections, Pin4 = C.O. TIP Pin5 = C.O. RING Pin7 = PFT TIP and Pin8 = PFT TIP but on P2-P8 Ports only Pin4 & Pin5 are required, so where does Pin7 & 8 on P1 go to as my analogue line is only 2 wires?

Regards,
Del

Last edited by Del; 02/19/13 11:20 AM.
Del Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Del
2. When I call in and choose any option eg. press 1 for sales it rings the correct extension but if I hang up before it is either answered or goes to voice mail the extension will continue ringing for 3 rings and the line light stays on for 90 seconds after the last ring, during this time you can't make or receive calls on that line.
OK, I have just set the system so the line calls directly to Ext 201 not the SVMi-20E and if I hangup it only continues to ring for 1 ring and it releases the line immediately. So I assume the problem is a setting somewhere in the SVMi-20E card, but where and what? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Del

T.C Offline
Set the Disconnect Clear Signal timer to 800 millisecs. Do this via your network provider.

Common issue with Analogue Trunks and Voicemail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,253 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 68 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024