web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
OK...I'm probably a bit late to the game on this one, but I need some info on Direct Line Consoles. I've set up a few Legends before, but always with QCCs.

I'm liquidating some old equipment by donating it to our local historical society. They recently bought an old elementary school, and need phones in several places in the building.

I'm using 6 MLX20Ls, all of which will be answering positions. There are 5 lines. After renumbering the system (setup space) and laying out a dial plan, I went to centralized programming to set up one of the DLCs.

The default configuration has buttons 1 & 2 as SA buttons. Then, the incoming lines start on button 3. Except, I don't want the lines there, I want them on buttons 6 through 10.

Is there not a way to define the position of each line on the phone? I did a printout of the extension info, but instead of listing a feature code on the buttons, it just says "LINE". Also, if I try to replace a line by programming the button with another function, it reports "Programming Error" on the console.

If it matters I retained the default trunk numbers and pools. There are 2 408 MLX cards that the trunks are plugged into.

CARD 1
801 = Line 1
802 = Line 3
803 = Line 5
804 = Unused

CARD 2
805 = Line 2
806 = Line 4
807 = Unused
808 = Unused

Do I have to rearrange these so 802 is line 2, 803 is line 3, 804 is line 4, etc., in order for them to appear in order on the console?

What am I missing?

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
When you assign a line to an extension, it goes onto the NEXT AVAILABLE button, in order. So, if you want your lines on 6 through 10, you need to fill 1 through 5 with something that a line will not overwrite. (Which is ANOTHER line)

So, first go to line assignment for the extension, add lines 63, 64, and 65. These will fill up buttons 3, 4, and 5 (1 and 2 are already SA buttons). Now add Line 1, it will end up on button 6. If the lines are in a pool, it will auto-populate the rest of the buttons up from 6. If not in a pool, add Line 2 which ends up on button 7, add Line 3, Line 4, and Line 5 (in that order)

Now go back and REMOVE Line 63, 64, and 65.

Voila'

(OK, why did I use 63, 64, and 65 as the "placeholders"? When you assign them, they visually take up the button 3, 4, and 5 spots when you are on the Line 61-80 page - just a visual trick to keep track of what's happening.)

OP Offline
That's brilliant...

I can honestly say I never would have thought of that. I've done far more with Nortel, where you tell it what to put on each button. I knew there was a reason I stuck primarily to QCCs.

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated...

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024