Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#547272 03/07/13 05:37 PM
OP Offline
Hello all! Have a DK280 who's power supply failed. Had a few bad caps. Failure of the PS seemed to coincide with a storm that rolled through... After the repair the power supply appears fine, all the voltages are good and the PS status lights confirm it. The heartbeat led flashes on the main board but the keysets never boot. Pressing the keyset buttons produces a tone but there is no dial tone and no display. The user happened to have a spare PS (found out after the repair) but I got the same results. Any ideas? Thanks for your time!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Did you loose all the database programming on the processor? Is the battery strap enabled? Did the storm damage more than just the power supply (ie: processor or PDKU cards)?

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
I wondered about possibly losing all the programming. But I do not mess with phone systems enough to be able to tell if it did. I want to say that the battery was disabled because I remember thinking it was odd that it was off. But my memory could be bad. If programming was lost would it produce keysets with no display? It is very possible that more boards were damaged. There are a couple of PDK boards I can swap but no main board. So thought I would check with the pros before digging in to much more or ordering a bunch of boards.

It does sound like the programming got wiped if you have power to the sets but no display. That would be where I start.

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
If it's a multiple cabinet system, disconnect all expansion cabinets. If it is only a single cabinet, unseat all PCB's except for the processor and the first PDKU and retest. Post back with results.

If the processor has defaulted, the displays would still work however if the processor is locked up, defaulting it may bring it back to life. Before proceeding, how familiar are you with the programming of Toshiba equipment?

OP Offline
Thank you all for the advice! I will report back with the results of the test. I do not have any experience with Toshiba programming. I only occasionally work with phone systems. I maintain a Samsung DCS at work but never had any real problems with it. Used to maintain a Mitel system back in the nav. I can usually get it done but since I dont do this everyday I am really slow at it.

OP Offline
Ok, have booted the system up will all cards pulled except the processor and the first pdku. The keysets close by show no display but a few others show an extension number upon a button press. I did not check other keysets earlier so i reseated all the boards and powered up again with the same results. Some keysets no display, others with after a button press. Keysets with working displays have no dial tone and no trunck access. I am assuming the programming was lost. I did check the battery jumper and it was set to off, so i set it to on.

I had the exact problem. After replacing the power supply the processor went back to default and I had to reinitialize the processor at least 5 times before I had to totally recreate the database from scratch. Are you able to go into program mode on port 005? If so, do all initialization programs at least 3 times. It seems when the power supply goes south it wipes out the programming and locks up the RCTU. Post your results..DM

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
OP Offline
Everything seems ok with the hardware after the power supply repair. The battery jumper being off is definitely the main reason why the system lost its programming. I have initialized the system and ran 91-9 a few times and then ran 91-1 (which I read later 91-9 does for ya). The system is a very simple setup ~17 extensions with 5 incoming lines. No VM, no AA, no Day/Night. I hardly ever mess with phone systems and having a bit of trouble assigning what ext's ring. I thought it was program 89 but that does not seem to work. Using the default ext numbers and tried to set for example: 003 (ext 203) to ring when any incoming line rang (pressed button 01,02, 03, 04, 05 for incoming lines in program 81) but I must be missing something. Also I was not able to enter #402 to show the logical port, nothing happened. What am I missing with that? Luckily ext 205 was actually port 005 so I had no problem entering the programming mode. Thank you for any advice you may be able to give : )

OP Offline
Struggling a bit with reprogramming this beast. I am not seeing the smoking gun on why program 81 is not allowing an incoming call to ring an extension. I have not run 93, 38, 39 or 78 as I figured defaults would be OK. Will try running them but would also really appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,633 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Carl Navarro), 140 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024