web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have an issue on a toshiba cix 670 system with an IES32 vmail system using ISDN30 lines. The main number goes straight to vmail via a pilot number then onto a dummy mailbox that transfers to the mailbox containing the main greeting and menu options. It works fine apart from when a caller hangs up without selecting an option. In this condition the port will just stay as transferring and will not clear down.If you call the pilot no clears ok. All other calls into vmail hang up ok.
Just wondered if anyone has come accross this problem and any pointers / advice would be appreciated. Can give more info on the setup.... cheers

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Why the dummy mailbox?? If you built the Hunt group as distributed, and entered the vm ports on the Members tab, then the ies will answer with MB 990 which contains the main and instructional greeting.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Set the chain done to 999.

OP Offline
Thanks for replies...Going back tomorrow will check the chain done on the mailbox. Pretty sure this is set on it but will check and give more info.

cheers

OP Offline

Was back on site today

In the main mailbox it has a token @M(G1,1,30) this is the mailbox with menu options onto the next levels etc.

Whats happpening is even if you dial the pilot no on the toshiba which sends to dummy mailbox - 649 which is set to transfer to this main mailbox 600 and hang up without selecting an option the voicemail port will just stay as transferring and only cleared by rebooting the vmail system.

The log files on the IES are eventually causing all the memory to be used up and obviously causing lots of issues.
I del the log files at the start of week and 12gb free space and no issues apart from the one thats causing all the problems..

I looked at another cust with an auto attendant and they had a token similar which was @M(G1,2,20)G(999). I reprog the above token with the G(999) thinking this would clear the line down but didnt do anything..

Tried adding chain done to 999 for this mailbox but doesnt get to this.

Any ideas ...

Cheers

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The pilot number has a VM ID of 649? And mailbox 649 does nothing other than chain to 600? If you dial 999 from the auto attendant does it hang up?

we had same thing here but on analog lines not releasing the calls had to change the release timer on the line from (off the top of my head) 450 to 900 or 95 something like that i think but there were only 3 options disable 450 and the 900 so it was just the other 1 cant remember if there is a setting anywhere for isdn30 but ill have a look if i can dial into a site tomorrow

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
There is no such setting for ISDN trunks.

OP Offline

Cheers for the replies..

Going back tomorrrow , will check that the 999 mail box is hanging up calls. I did check this mailbox had the H token in
its extn field.

I set this up the same on a gvmu yesterday - pilot - 102 -
vmid - 649 which goes to the dummy mailbox- 649 transfers to the 600 ( main greeting and options ). I had @M(G1,1,30)G(999)
this played the mssg once then hung up the call.

Just now at this site the token is @M(G1,1,30) when you get to this mailbox G1 is continually replayed if you stay on the line. When I added the G(999) it didnt make a diff..

Its as though its stuck in a loop , then massive log files are created causing mem issues .. Will try checking those things mentioned and create some new mail boxes and do some more testing.

thanks

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
In mailbox 600 make sure DND is off and the chain done field is set to 999. And verify that 999 does hang up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,838
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,647 Shoretel
189,533 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Xdm, justbill, Memphisribs, Andyreed, Toner), 177 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024