Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#542472 01/01/13 02:23 PM
OP Offline
Newbie on board !!!

Hi guys I have moved an Aspire today which was on ISDN 30 and placed back onto SIP trunks problem is I can't make outgoing call, I get busy tone, Ican receive incoming calls and have speech.has anyone out there ever had this issue. All port forwarding seems ok. As you would not be able to receive calls.Maybe I've missed a setting.

Thanks for reading

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please fill out your bio. Let me get this straight, you were always on SIP or are you moving from ISDN to SIP?

OP Offline
Hi Sorry, I have moved them onto SIP.What Trunk port would you dial from would it be trunk port 1.

Thanks

Who is the SIP provider? Have they been certified by NEC? If they have NEC will have a cheat sheet to go by.

We get old too soon, smart too late
Yep what dans said. Apsire is an EOL system. While you can get tech support on it they guarantee nothing if it hasn't been tested and given a white paper on it. Best to call NTAC and get support to see if they can get it working for your system.

I have run into issues (on the Aspire) here I can get it working but NO DTMF or via RCF will work thus they can no longer use auto attendant or call in from outside to get messages. Best bet is to call NTAC or if anything get them back on ISDN. This was a situation where a SIP provider came in and sold it to them without seeing if they could support the new SIP carrier.

Last edited by Coral Tech; 01/02/13 12:51 PM.
Unfortunately, even if they are certified it doesn;t mean things will be rosey.

I would start by seeing if there is a P-assertion issue.
Changed outgoing CID to match the BTN.

I have never set SIP trunks up on the ASPIRE but I did compare what the ASPIRE has and and what the SV8100 has as far as settings. The ASPIRE really was never set up to handle the features now available and required by most SIP carriers. I know going native SIP with Integra required the implementation of version 8 just to get caller ID to work from different sites.

CT- without looking, is there not a place to set payload type to accomodate DTMF?

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
I am the IT coordinator for a small company and we are having a similar issue with our Aspire system. Recently the system stopped responding to Tones when the auto attendant would pick up; it will simply ignore them and continue talking. We have Cbeyond SIP and they say there is nothing on their end that would cause this to stop functioning. Anyone have any other ideas?

CT - did you get the issue resolved from above?

TIA

CeBeyond uses out of band signalling. Every Aspire I have put in works with SIP using the white paper on NTAC or the Aspire site. I would check your settings and verify the SIP out of band is setup. (RFC2833)

Last edited by Coral Tech; 03/21/13 03:12 PM.
Thanks for that. I checked the DTMF settings based on this:

https://ws1.necii.com/support/downloads/tech_tips/nec0088.pdf

and rebooted system. Did not change behavior.

Time for wireshark and calling CeBeyond to see what has changed. I remember you had to be on a specific server for these to work right if memory serves.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,892 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024