web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#550679 04/26/13 10:33 AM
OP Offline
Since I've been having an ongoing problem with our phone system, some of you have suggested upgrading the memory card. I've recently received a MCP1 card to replace my MEM3 card. I have a few questions. Right now the software we're using is OSM100 v3.04 (2005). Is this the best/most appropriate software for the MCP1 or do I need different software? Also, other than the addition of a LAN connector, there is a very small jack with a 3(one blue and 2 white)wire connector attached. It terminates to a same connector on the other end just hanging out away from the bd. What is the purpose of this cable? Do I need this cable in our iDCS100?
Thanks
Creig

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You will need to get the correct version tp program the MCP card.Versions vary and you need to get one compatible with the MCP software version.The connector you are talking about is a jumper between the MCP card and the Misc 3/4 card.You cannot use an earlier version Misc card with the MCP.So basically a Misc card is primarily used for Call Display among other things .

Last edited by pvj; 04/26/13 01:28 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks pvi. Can I tell what software version my MCP card is by looking at it? There is a small multi-pin IC in the middle of the board that is labelled: MCP1 V03 9BCA. Is this my indicator?
Thanks,
Creig

pvj Offline
No,
You will need the system to boot and then look in mmc 727 to get the version number.Wait till you see how long a MCP card takes to boot.About 4 minutes!

OP Offline
Thanks pvj. So it means that I will have to check the software verson from a hand set. Is this correct? Also now I'm wondering if I should have gotten a MEM4 bd instead of the MCP1 bd since an old MISC card will not work. If it is old, is this the only card replacement that I will have to make? Also I forgot to inquire as to the connectivity related to the two black computer style connectors on the front of the MCP1 bd. Are these connectors required to be used?
Thanks
Creig

The two connectors on the card are used for programming as they are lans which settings you will see in mmc 830

OP Offline
My bad. I'm not referring to the LAN or the serial connector, but rather the two 10 pin connectors that look like they accept a ribbon style connector.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
They will most likely be used for upgrading CPLD/Bootrom chips on the MCP1.

A mem4 will work with the MISC1 and MISC2 cards the same as your mem3 card.

The mem4 card has a lan port and there is a db conversion you can do from mem3 to mem4.

Though the MEM4 is even older then the mcp1 and is not made anymore and you may have issues with the super cap not holding charge so the system will loose programming when you switch it off

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,583 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024