web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am trying to forward our reservations department hotline to an outside call service after hours. I know how to forward it in the phone switch but how do I overcome the line's needing an authorization code? The service we forward to is long distance. When the system forwards the line we just get a fast busy waiting for an auth code. There must be a way to do this. I know other companies are doing this. Anyone know how to do this? I even had an experienced tech come in and he couldn't even make it happen. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is your authorization code through the phone system or the phone carrier? If it's on the outside line, you need to call your telephone company and see if you can get an exclusion in place.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
No the auth code is in the pbx.

What kind of NEC PBX?

Try creating a speed dial and then forwarding to the speed dial. Insert the auth code and appropriate pauses into the dialed string.

Last edited by telephoneguy; 04/19/13 05:35 PM.
OP Offline
Ok, that was really dumb I forgot to say it's an NEC IPX 2400. I have no idea how to create that speed dial in the system. I am not sure what version of software we are running but the thing was installed January of 2006. There haven't been any upgrades since then. I spoke with the tech that was here and he said we would probably have to upgrade to the latest version and pay a bunch of money to get support from NEC. I think this is a little ridiculous.

"Upgrade and get support" is the knee-jerk response. The 2400 IPX line is starting to get long in the tooth, but there's no reason to throw them out yet.

your service tech should know how to create a speed dial with the required specification, and should be able to forward to that speed dial. If not, you need to find a different service company.

OP Offline
We have been unable to get this going. The problem is the system sees the call coming from outside or an inside restricted route and treats it as such instead of treating it like the forwarded line if that makes sense.There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

check the settings for ARRC AND ATDP commands

Lee
OP Offline
Never could get this going. Had three NEC people in here too. I just purchased another 800 toll free line through our ld carrier and had them forward that to the number I need. We are forwarding the switch to that. Yay!

Do you have any extensions such as fax machines that don't require a long distance code?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024