Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
joeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone help me with this puzzle?

I'm not able to get complete (?) serial integration. I'm getting the VMAIL on the phone display. Pressing the VMAIL button sends you to the correct VMAIL ext, but I don't get the VVM prompts, Message notifications, etc.

Setup:

DSU II 8x16 (software v 05B)
w/ GM408
w/ JM008 (Firmware 02C)

Small Office Lite (Tiger)
4 Port Analog
Software 8.5

Here's what I tried/verified/etc:

SOO connected to JM008 IST Ports 38-41
SOO COM1 connected to DSU COM3 (19.2 8n1)
VVM enabled on DSU
Serial Int enabled on SOO
Heartbeat detected on DSU COM3
Both systems on the same Power Circuit.
Tried SOO COM2, changed speeds (9600,1200, even 300)
Tried a couple of different cords (in case of a bad cord)
Defaulted and reprogrammed DSU
Ran First Time setup on SOO
I've tried another JM008, another DSU II 8x16 and even replaced the M/B of the Tiger..

I'm missing something obvious (like you cant use a JM008, need ATI-D's, or Serial Integration doesn't work with Analog systems)??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Does the vm respond by dialing the pilot number. Did you boot the vm without vvp and did it work? Did you check the comdial.lnk file for correct ext to vm port mapping?

joeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by jwooten
Does the vm respond by dialing the pilot number.
Yes.

Did you boot the vm without vvp and did it work?
Other than no VVP display prompts, the VM is working fine? The most frustrating part is not getting message notifications in the display. I'm considering ditching Serial Integration and use the Message Waiting Indicators - except this should work.

Did you check the comdial.lnk file for correct ext to vm port mapping?
Yes, the VM Ports are correct in the comdial.lnk file.

Thank you again for your help.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Run serial tests on both the DSU2 and the SO. I would keep the comm parameters down at 9600. There is a very nice tech tip on running both.

Admin
Admin
VMAIL will show in the display of a DSUII even if the serial link is not working if it is turned on in programming. I'd verify the DB9 connector and cord can be used to access programming from your laptop to the DSUII....this will ensure you have a valid connector pinout and cord config. Let us know if that will work.

[Linked Image]
joeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
I'd verify the DB9 connector and cord can be used to access programming from your laptop to the DSUII.

The DB9 connector can be used for programming (when connected to my laptop and I move the cable over from COM3 to COM1 on the DSUII

Admin
Admin
Rhetorex or Dialogic board? Post the first 4 numbers of the key...should be 212X. Im interested in the X number. What integration is listed on the banner screen?

[Linked Image]
joeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Run serial tests on both the DSU2 and the SO. I would keep the comm parameters down at 9600. There is a very nice tech tip on running both.

I've tried dialing down the baud rate, but it didn't seem like it made a difference. Reading Tech Tip VVP000021, I've done each item - except I don't think #9 applies ?:

If the serial integration issue still exists, after all of the above tests for both systems have been performed, there could be a short or a grounding issue.

[1]Check the digital station ports (which can be verified by removing amphenol connectors - see FQ-DSU00027)
[2]The AC ground (which can be verified by isolating the ground using a 2 prong adapter)
[3]A short on the system ground (which can be removed).

I haven't tried using a 2 prong cheater plug on the DSUII and VoiceMail (is this applicable with an Analog VM?)

I'll also try the stuff referenced in DSU000012 (I*272* Serial Port Test).

joeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
Rhetorex or Dialogic board? Post the first 4 numbers of the key...should be 212X. Im interested in the X number. What integration is listed on the banner screen?

Rhetorex. I don't have the key number - but I'll try to get it tomorrow.

The number 1 problem that causes this is a failed serial port on your voicemail. Its easy to check use a monitor and keyboard on your tigerstar then swap the keylink and serial integration ports in programming and see if you can access with keylink. Once you have verified working serial ports on your vm and dsu try deleting the ports in the vm pool and re adding them. I saw this fix a lot of serial integration problems with the dxp so it might fix your issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024