Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cTopher Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a new LIPU-X1A installed in my CIX, and it's showing up as Disabled by fault:CR..

I've programmed everything correctly, and I know it's installed correctly. The LAN is showing activity, the heartbeat light is solid, and the 3rd LED is lit solid as well.

Anyone have any ideas as to whats up with it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I know this may sound obvious, but make sure that you have it in the correct slot of the CIX200.

cTopher Offline OP
OP Offline
The obvious isn't obvious to many people! Haha

Yes, it is in the correct slot though, I wish that were the issue.
Does anyone happen to know what the LED lights on the card mean?

Had a proccessor the other day kept saying cards disabled by default reloaded the software all working ok

Sounds like the Card is not booting to me. Have you logged onto it via HyperTerminal?

Cheers Chris
As i stated above do a back up save it then wipe proccessor put a memory card in with the latest version of software in the program file (but nothing in any of the others) load that on upgrading the software THEN re load the .dat file

The 1 i was working on let me prog it all up looked good but cards were disabled by fault

cTopher Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll try reloading the software, but first I'm just going to give the HyperTerminal a try for the heck of it.

Anyone know the settings right off the top of their head? Not sure I remember the baud rate etc.

Last edited by cTopher; 05/29/13 11:32 AM.
9600 8 N 1

You should be prompted with the LIPU> prompt. Otherwise I have seen Kernel Panic errors when card has gone. Worth looking.

Cheers Chris
cTopher Offline OP
OP Offline
I connected, and its not booting vmlinus. The firmware is corrupt as I thought. I downloaded lipu0205, reconnected hyper term.. Also started a TFTP server to send the new firmware to the card. However, for some reason after it stops retrying the boot process of vmlinus, I do get the LIPX> prompt, but CANNOT type anything at the prompt. I've switched out my serial cable.. a few times actually, and I've tried putty, tera, and hyper term. Nothing seems to work. Switched to a different computer as well. Not sure what the heck is wrong. I've fixed corrupted firmware on a few LIPU's with the same process.. This would be the first time I haven't been able to enter commands at the LIPU> prompt.

cTopher Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm a dumb ass.. I was using a straight cable.. Switched to a cross over, the LIPU installed the new firmware, and it booted.

Issue now taking care of :-)

Thanks again guys for trying to help me out!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,538 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 165 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024