web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#552416 05/28/13 04:42 AM
gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
Hey there,
We have a Panasonic KX-TEA308 phone system in our office and my boss has recently ordered a KX-TE82492.
He has given me the task of setting it up and I am completely lost!
I can get auto attendant to answer the call, but I cannot figure out how to get it to point to the voicemail. Nor can I work out how you access the voicemail on the Hybrid handsets.
I am using the maintenance console for programming.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have the boss set it up.

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
He has already had a look and had no clue, hence why I am now stuck with this task.
Any other ideas? smile

Never done a tea308 and don't know of a 82492.
A good reading of the manuals will help maybe.
There are some on here from the other side of the Pond will chime
in sooner or later.

Admin
Admin
IIRC, the TA(TEA) is very simple. When you use the DISA, it can ring all phones in a ring group, or separate phones. Your standard call forward to 107 or 115 should work for the phones, and for the ring group, you make the VM port answer on delayed ring. You have to do something odd to process the follow-on ID sent to the TVA. There are answering machine instructions on the web that tell you how to do that.

Carl

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
Had a look through the instruction manual and didn't come up with anything! frown
I am not even sure how to do that - I can't figure out how to get the VM port to answer at all, let alone delayed ring!

Admin
Admin
???? The manual to a TVA is pretty specific on how to integrate to a TA(TEA) series system, what happens, how to connect, and the light will be solid on the face of the unit when it is connected. Then, DIAL 107 or 115. We can't be there to plug the VM into your phone system...that's your job.

The TVA will answer on the FIRST ring. That means that ANYTHING that rings the port will be answered, now you can forward a phone to the port, or set the port as a DELAYED ring on incoming calls.

Carl

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Hi Guys. the vm card is very basic and the tes/tea does not have groups.
the KX-TE82492 is a internal card not a external unit and there is no setup. you dial codes to record voicemail 381 i think.
you use fwd no answer to send calls to the bv box as it called.
if using the builtin disa you can only set dial 1 ,2 3 etc to call one extension or no dial will ring what is set in ring table.

I have not installed one in years as they are a real pain.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Hi gladmo2, As with some of the others, I haven't had much to do with the 308 and have only played with a couple of 824's. I am guessing they use the same software etc.
I maybe wrong but you may be able the DISA-AA to transfer to an extn and use that extn to divert to BV (voice mail).
I have a copy of a basic setup if you need a look (just may need to figure out how to get it to you)

Ps, in the Extension/Feature Settings under the type column set your call foward status (FWD Busy N/A) and choose the destination (BV is at the BOTTOM of the extn list)
Cheers Olley
If all this is no help, let me know, and I will hunt out the manuals!!!

Last edited by Olley; 06/09/13 05:21 AM.
gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
Hey everyone!
By some miracle - I actually got it working!!!
Turned out, no configuration was needed in the maintenance tool - there were a few numbers I had to dial to record the messages and set it to forward to BV!
It was all in one of the many user manuals (had to be the pages I didn't check!)
For future reference, and anyone else with the same question, check the User Manual on page 74 onwards and that should help you set up the voicemail!
Thank you very much for all of your help! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024