web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#552601 05/30/13 08:01 PM
OP Offline
All of a sudden I'm getting reports from folks that their speakerphones have been emitting high pitched feedback. Upon further investigation I found that all phones connected to the second DKSC16+ card were affected. Extensions on the other card were not affected. This is on an InterTel Axxess 5.352 system running 550.4400 handsets. When you go to speakerphone you get dial tone, but then if you try to take a call or go to voicemail you either get feedback or nothing. Calls otherwise proceed normally... so far, it just seems to affect the speakerphones on all extensions connected to the one DKSC16+ card. Any ideas? System has 2 DKSC16+ cards, an SLC16 card, T1/E1 card, OPC, EVMC, power supply, and CPU64. They are on a PRI as well. Headset mode is off... so, it's not that.

Help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Did you change the card?

OP Offline
No...don't have a spare...just trying to diagnose before I decide how to proceed. Think it is the card?

OP Offline
Not an Inter-Tel tech. but I've programmed and maintained this system a bit. I could use some advice here. If I buy a new/refurb card., does it have to be programmed or do I just restore settings from backup? Should I try and match firmware/software version of existing card? If so, where do I find what that is?

Also, around the same time this started happening our EVMC card started rebooting itself randomly in the middle of the day, sometimes 2 or 3 times per day. It always comes back online but it has us concerned. Fan sounds fine and the hard drive was upgraded to solid state about a year or so ago. I'm thinking it may be related to the DKSC16+ card going bad... but, I'm grasping at straws here.

Also, I'm wondering if I need the second DKSC16+ card at all. Can I move the other extensions to the working card? If so, how?

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Its sounds like your getting in over your head a bit.
Maybe be time to call in a Pro to help and avoid more problems.

Before you buy anything, swap the keyset cards and see if the problem follows the card or the slot.

The EVMC kinda does its own thing: issues involving the EVMC don't normally effect the other cards, unless maybe it's a bad power supply or backplane.

OP Offline
Okay, thanks DND. Will try swapping the cards...exactly the type of troubleshooting advice I was looking for. I'll report back with the results.

OP Offline
I swapped the power supply with a spare one I had purchased for emergencies and the issues all went away. I swapped the DKSC16+ cards into different slots and everything worked in either configuration after changing the power supply... so, that must have been the issue. The backplane is likely okay.

Thanks, DND_ON, your suggestions led me on the correct path. Exactly why I use this forum!

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,629 Shoretel
189,517 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, nortelvoip), 111 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024