web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
msnell Offline OP
OP Offline
When dealing with smaller accounts that do not have their own mail servers, what have you had the most luck with when setting up email gateway because we have to point to an IP address and we cannot use DNS names?

1. Do you send the .wav emails through the ISP? (we have Cox & Comcast in our area)

2. Do you send the .wav emails through a third party SMTP provider?

3. Is there a small hardware based SMTP server that can be installed in house without having a Microsoft based Exchange server as the core piece?

Thanks,

MikeS In VA

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
For smaller ones i just relay them through a dummy account on our SMTP server so i don't have to explain 100 times what info i need from them for this to work.

You can use DNS names if you have your DNS servers info, in the lan parameters of the system. Then just use like gmail to do the outgoing. They have smtp for outgoing.

I use the smtp of the Internet connection on site. In the command line ping the smtp and you will see the IP address associated with the smtp server. Use that number in the setting. Don't forget to input a domain name in the system wide parameter, if you don't the smtp server can reject your anonymous email because the system don't send domain name by default.
good luck!

on our system i had it setup to use our ISP.works fine,recently i was curious to try using Gmail. I signed up for a gmail account and searched the internet to find out what their IP Address was.and what Port to use.
so in Mclass i point to their ip,port ,username,password,and set to SSL encryption.
seems to work well,i have had it like this for a few weeks now.
i do not have any settings assigned under gateway tab in system parameters.

We just cutover a new 7100 for a client, they have their own smtp server, and are using Charter for email. Charter requires SSL for authentication...we put in smpt.charter-business.net, port 587, user name-password...same info put in MClass...setup mboxes..will not work! Finally Charter says they dont support relay. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Am I missing something perhaps?

ddorn / Wisconsin

We use GoDaddy to host our website. We ping their mail server and get the IP address. Then we made an account [email protected] that we use. We just put in the account password and port and it works great.

msnell Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone. We just had good success setting up an OS7030 email gateway using Go Daddy.

MikeS in VA

I use Google's SMTP server that's sole purpose is for this type of mail, you can set it to use it without any authentication, it's used for things like printers and the like to send fax/scans/ect via email. I believe the address was aspmx.l.google.com it should allow you to send without the need for a mail account.

If you need to find out the ip address of a site just go into command prompt and do a tracert ex. tracert smtp.gmail.com it will give you the ip. Then just use the settings that you would use for Outlook for instance.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024