Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#55355 08/15/06 09:54 AM
OP Offline
Hi all,

Quite some time ago I posted a message here about how to get 2 different extensions to ring at one phone. I got exactly the help I needed in this response by superphoneguy:

In that case you would have to use a hunt group. Delete MB 132, delete phantom 132. Create a hunt group and make it ext. 132. Add x121 to the members field. Change the 'Recall' timer to however long you want the call to ring until forwarding to VM. Program the recall field w/ the VM pilot number. Create a MB for hunt group 132 and program message notification to x121.
Now I'm wondering how to set a forwarding path for x132. I have everything else working just fine, but if that user wants to have her calls forwarded to her cellphone, how can I set that up with the above configuration?

Thanks,
Carrie

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#55356 08/15/06 10:19 AM
To forward to a cell phone she can physically forward her extension to a cell like this:

Take a regular extension, hit the FWD key, then dial 8 for an outside line, then dial the cell phone number and hang up. Now that extension is forwarded to her cell. When someone dials that extension it will forward to the cell phone.

If she doesn't want to do that each time she leaves, you can set up a phantom extension that forwards to her cell, then set up a path or hunt group that after ringing at her station it will forward to the phantom extension which in turn forwards to her cell.

#55357 08/16/06 01:16 AM
OP Offline
What do you mean by
Take a regular extension, hit the FWD key, then dial 8 for an outside line
The forwarding would be for extension 132 (or hunt group 132) that rings at X121. How can I use the forward key to set the cellphone number for hunt group 132?

Carrie

#55358 08/16/06 03:46 AM
I was using the FWD key example to explain how it would work. Let's take a forward to a cell phone in it's simplest form to start. Let's assume that extension 121 is just a regular keyset being used by John Cubicle. John is going out on a sales call and doesn't want to miss any calls. He could hit the FWD Button on his keyset, grab an outside line, and dial his cell phone. In this case, a call being transferred to X121 would ring at his cell phone.

Now, if we want to make this a little more complex like adding it to a Hunt Group, we could do the same thing via a phantom extension, and simply add that phantom extension to the Hunt Group.

Hopefully that helps clear it up Carrie. If not post back!

#55359 08/16/06 04:00 AM
The config I originally posted does not allow 132 to forward calls anywhere. If this is a feature that is needed, then you would have to:

Delete hunt group 132
Create a 'Phantom Extension' 132 and associate it w/ mailbox 132
Create and apply a System Forward path to extension 121, then to yer voicemail application.
Apply said System Forward path to the phantom, making sure to check tthe 'Immediate' forward type and also 'IC' under call types.
Delete the station password (not the mailbox password).
Now to forward 132 anywhere, in this case a cell fone number, on any fone enter: 'Infinity Key', 359, 132, #, 355, 8, (Cell Fone Number), #.

The downside of this config is that the mailbox cannot light and extinguish the message light on extension 121 when extension 132 gets/deletes messages.

#55360 08/16/06 06:17 AM
OP Offline
MacGyver,

I think I understand. I have setup the phantom device (remote programming in DB) 232, and associated extension 232 with it.
I assume we should be able to program system forwarding through any keyset for that 'remote' extension by using infinity, 359, 355, x232, and so on, right?
Then I could either add x232 to the hunt group, or use x232 as the recall destination for the hunt group (132), right?
(Sidenote) I was trying to program a system forwarding point to forward to the cell phone (because I'm at a remote location and the user I'm working with is oblivious), but couldn't find a way to do it in the db. Is it only through the phone that this can be done?

Carrie

#55361 08/16/06 09:56 AM
System Forwarding does not allow you to program oiutside fone numbers as forwarding points. The '359' sequence is a feature code called Remote Feature Programming. It allows a user to forward a fone from any other fone. It also allows a user to place a fone into or out of DND.

You need to program a system forward path that has the extension you want to ring when your phantom is called as the first point and the voicemail app as the second point, then apply this path to the phantom. This will make calls to the phantom ring the real fone.

The '359' trick will override the normal system forward path and forward wherever you need it to automatically (like a cell fone number) until the forwarding is cancelled.

#55362 08/16/06 09:57 AM
OP Offline
Well, this is what ended up working, but I don't understand something about it.
I have hunt group 132 to ring x121. According to the manual, it should advance to the next item in the hunt group (phantom extension 232 - which forwards to cell phone) I have set the No Answer Advance Timer for 6 seconds which means it should ring once and then advance to the phantom extension (which would then transfer to cell phone #). What it does it keep ringing - it never advances to phantom transfer 232.
So, I set the Recall Timer to 18 seconds and the Recall destination to phantom x232. That's what actually transfers the call.
It works, so I won't worry too much about it, but I don't understand why the hunt group is not advancing. If anyone's got any idea - please share.

Thanks,
Carrie

#55363 08/18/06 06:12 AM
I think it may be because, according to the manual, Hunt group calls will not forward to some destinations: Hunt group calls will not
forward to voice mail, outside numbers, or system forwarding paths. So it is probably advancing but since x232 is forwarded the call goes back to x121.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024