web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#554863 07/16/13 12:18 PM
OP Offline
I have an NEC2000IPS Client with One Pim, VM, T1 & 8DLC's.
Very Simple, Very straight forward. 3 digit EXTs

They have run out of Ports... to add Phones.

I picked up a 2 PIM switch....as I just need the second chassis,PWR and the MP card (expanded/licensed)
Seems I got a "Remote" system setup. It had IPLA cards.
MP24-B, 4 Digit EXT's

Couple of things.
First, I can't get into it VIA Matworx, LAN port on MP card. Do you have to go in via the LAN port on the M632 daughter board/IPLA Card?

I guess that is all moot if I can't Reprogram it as needed.
Can this system be reprogrammed as a:
TWO "Pim, VM, T1 & 8DLC's...Very Simple, straight forward"
like the existing system? Remove IPLA's etc
I didn't realize, at first, what the system was. While testing, a phone in the first PIM, say ext4155, LEN 00045, I couldn't find in cmd 14. There were 100's and 100's of other Ext's and virtuals. I've never done a multi site NEC2000.

So can I manually reprogram this? or is it forever licensed as
a "remote" (if that)
If OK, is it best to erase all previous data? without loosing license?
Can I Load the existing client program back on this system?
(3 digit ext. vs 4)
Seemed so simple when they asked.

We're not NEC dealers just old phone men help
The license issue has me gun shy.
Serviced alot of older 2400's.
Enough knowledge to be dangerous, but keep food on the table

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
You will need a license to go from 64 port single pim to a 128 port 2 pim. Are you licensed for 2 pims & 128 TDM ports? If you have a CCIS license, you could tie to another system using CCIS. You can no longer purchase any of these licenses. You may be able to purchase a CPU with the proper licenses (or use the one you just bought), then backup & restore.

Dr PBX is right about the licenses.

There used to be a command that would let you read the number of licenses (64 port / 128 port, IP licenses, etc.) but I'll be darned if I can find it in the command manual.

Also, to physically connect your PIMs, you need to shut down the system, and connect the power and the data cables in a certain pattern between the PIMs.

As for the issue with CM 14, remember that it reads differently from CM 10. In CM 10, it tells you the port # for that cabinet only, such as 000-063, 100-163, 200-263. In CM 14, it tells you the FP # (00-07) and then the port number per FP (000-127). So your example 00 045 is port 045 of the first PIM.

Now, the 2000 IPS was made so cards were down-ward compatible with the 2000 IVS. In slots LT00-LT03, you should have 8-port cards only. In slots LT04-LT07, you can use 4 or 8, and if you use 4, you can put another 4 into the matching slot of LT08-LT12.

If there's a 4-port in slots LT00-LT03 you can swap that card for an 8-port and get 4 more ports. And if there's a 4-port in LT04, for example, and nothing in LT08, you can stick a 4-port into LT08 and get 4 more ports. There are exceptions; the T-1 card goes in an AP slot but takes up LT ports.

Also, if you can't get in on Matworx, you can program through CAT mode.

IPS Licenses can be checked by CMD F88>01

The problem you are going to have is that the product is no longer supported, meaning I have no clue where you would buy licenses, and even if you could, the license server for the IPS is no longer on line.

Can you access programming via the phone to check the second system you have? I never use Matworx for programming, its a bit slow and useless, except for backups.

D

Originally Posted by NECiTech
IPS Licenses can be checked by CMD F88>01
No wonder I couldn't find it, then.

My command manual goes from F8 Y=5 to FA YY=01.

I think you need to download the install manual! Either box can be used as an expansion pim but you can't use the "Remote" processor for anything other than a remote. The licences for that box are on the main system it used to be connected to!

As others have said, you need to check whether the license on the system allows two pims, in my experience (Australia) no system was sold with just a single pim license so you may be OK! However you may not have all the leads you need (or the right ones) so like I said, download the install manual!

OP Offline
THANKS all for input.
And thank you DR smile

This is a client who moved into aq building with the 2000 existing. We have squeezed out every port. (Gone to all 8 port cards, replaced unused card with 8DLC's etc)

Strange, F88:01 said, PIM :0000 NEW SYSTEM, didn't list a number
F88:01 said, PIM :0001 Existing system
But CMD F88:10 said, TDM ports :0064 (existing)
and F88:10 said, TDM ports :0128 newer CP24-B
Don't know if anyone ever went into a remote 2000 and tried looking at programming.....kinda blew my mind the 1st time.
FYI. You see ALL the Main Site programming not yourself, if your not carefully reading the LENS. Thats clued me to a remote switch.

So it sounds like Im screwed, since I sold an inexpensive upgrade but bought a remote 2000 switch.
Tell me......the Card is fine, right? just the inputed license registration, program etc? Say if I had a bad card, but good Backups, the card is useable (sellable)??

ANYONE know about older cards::: I 1st tried a 2 PIM system with a CP-24 A card. Really acted wierd.
Should I be able to Dump the client back up onto this card?
Should I erase anything? first.
64 port program on licensed 128 port card.
I am always worried about loosing the "license" in a dump or erase.
Or in the end, should I just CAT program the CP24 A like the clients. (CP24-B)
I can easily get into Matworx on site for the Save/Load/Verify.

I just wanna add some 8DLC's
I have chassis, power, cards, cords, etc. that's not the problem.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,054 CTX100 install
188,227 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024