web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
shvs Offline OP
OP Offline
Please explain Toshiba's system call forwarding and does it override station call forwarding?

SH
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

System Call Forwarding allows you to build a number of templates (depending on the system type) to which you can then assign to stations. If the template is programmed correctly and assigned to the station via system programming, the station will forward based upon the parameters defined with no intervention from the user. By far the most common use for these is to forward calls to voice mail upon a busy or no answer condition.

If a user uses any type of manual call forwarding, it will override the System Call Forwarding.

A user can also disable the feature by dialing #621. #620 will enable it again. These codes can be removed from Flexible Access Codes to prevent this.

This is the $.10 tour ~ Mike

Michael Meyer
shvs Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the explanation. Can you activate System Call forwarding to an external number?

SH
Yes - 9 + the number. You might also consider forwarding to a system speed dial so the customer can easily change the target number.

Michael Meyer
Originally Posted by Meyery2k
Yes - 9 + the number. You might also consider forwarding to a system speed dial so the customer can easily change the target number.

I did not know you could forward to a Speed Dial. Please explain.

Originally Posted by goldenhtr

You learn all sorts of things on this forum... I usually set a call forward to a phantom extension - which is call forwarded...

This is a better solution.

Set a One Touch key to: #6011SPD100#FK11
(Where Function key 11 is a release key, and Speed-Dial 100 is the number to call forward to)

Set another One Touch key to #6051

Done.

Quite slick, too...

@ Ben Holmes - BRILLIANT!

Michael Meyer
@ Ben Holmes - BRILLIANT!

Wasn't me... I was intrigued by *YOUR* idea, and played with it to see that it worked.

Another trick to add to my grab-bag of programming tricks to help customers... Thanks!

@ Ben - We dreamed this up when we had a customer that had calls go to a MCG in DAY 1 and voicemail at NIGHT. They wanted to forward calls to an outside number on an ad hoc basis. The MCG nixed the station forward idea and we didn't want a bunch of Phantom DN's to deal with. We set up DAY 2 with dialing digits to 9 plus the number and thought ourselves clever until the customer stated they wanted to change the number. We then tried a system speed dial code in place of the number and the idea took off.

Of course 10 minutes later on another job I missed the simplest programing which shrunk my swelled head, lol...

I liked your post too and can see where that would be very useful.

Michael Meyer
Originally Posted by Ben Holmes
Originally Posted by goldenhtr

You learn all sorts of things on this forum... I usually set a call forward to a phantom extension - which is call forwarded...

This is a better solution.

Set a One Touch key to: #6011SPD100#FK11
(Where Function key 11 is a release key, and Speed-Dial 100 is the number to call forward to)

Set another One Touch key to #6051

Done.

Quite slick, too...

My personal preference is that I hate using phantoms to forward off site.

I found a different solution. I used an Empty MCG group and set remote call forwarding using #6012.

On solution that changed the destination every other days it that I preset a few system call forwards with #6012 then 9 number. When they want calls to go to Bill then enter SPD 222 For Bob, it is SPD 333. When Frank is to receive the calls, SPD 444.

I will have to remember this idea as well if I come across an application for it.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 158 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024