web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi Everyone:
This is something that has just started happening and I am not sure why or how to fix it. Our phones have started ringing (all of them at once)and the display shows 5000 Ringing In. It is not like a normal phone ringing so I know it is not a call coming into our office. Is this some sort of error code that makes all the phones in the office blink and ring at the same time and show this code? I called our phone guy and he is stumped.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Somewhere, there is a Trunk Group named 5000. Find that, and start your troubleshooting from there.

OP Offline
Can you give me more specific info on how to locate this? I depend on my phone guy who told me he had never heard of this. I can do some programming of items but haven't done anything in the truck group. I can look it up once I figure out where it is ;-)

OP Offline
The only thing on our system that has the 5000 is a mailbox which is under Voice Processor/Devices/Mailboxes. I know that when I call in to change the main greeting I call to xfer to vmail, *5000 and then enter my password. I don't want to delete this in case this is the location for the main greeting. I have left another message for our phone guy but he has yet to contact me back to let me know if this mailbox controls the main message or not. He is our new phone guy so I am not sure he knows as much as our old who has moved to another state. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reading an old post, I see that you have a PRI. Check your call routing table(s) to see if anything is labeled 5000.

It's possible that you're getting phantom calls on the circuit that are following some default routing.

OP Offline
Checked the call routing tables and nothing is labeled 5000. Today we have received 25 calls from 5000 ringing in. It keeps ringing until the line is picked up and disconnected. Very annoying. There is also no trunk group called 5000. The receptionist is now the only person who is getting the calls - she has the administrator phone.

Is there a pattern in the call routing tables that is '+' or a 'E'? If so, where does it ring?

By default, all empty patterns will ring to the system attendant. You need to contact your T1 provider and have them check it out. They are sending junk down the pipeline into your system.

You can, until the trouble is resolved, create a Call Routing Announcement with the time out set to Hang Up. In your call routing tables, program the patterns + and E with a ring in destination to this new hang up application.

Andrea
OP Offline
The + rings to ring in destination 1 which in turn rings into all of us. Does that help?

OP Offline
Andrea: I just got off the phone with CBeyond who told me it was not their issue but one with our phone system. Since I can't get a phone guy out here to check it - I left a message for him two weeks ago and have yet to hear back from him.

I don't know hot to program the call routing announcement myself so that doesn't help (is there an easy way you can explain it to me?).

Under call routing tables we have the following:

1. DID Day which has a ring in destination of all of us

2. DID Night which Pattern(1588), description is our main number, ring in type (single) and ring in destination (2504).
It also has a second line with pattern(+), no description, ring in type (Call routing table)and Ring in Destination (1). When you click that one it shows that it routes to all of us.

All the rest have a numbers (3 - 15). Under pattern is the (+) sign, no description, Ring in Type (Call Routing Table) and Ring in Destination (1) which again goes to all of our phone numbers.

Does that give any of you enough information that you can help me do what I need to do? What do I need to tell CBeyond so they will know that it is coming from them and not our phone system? Can you provide information on how to at least stop this from happening each day? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,087 CTX100 install
187,413 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024