Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stevewm Offline OP
OP Offline
I work for a chain of retail stores with 7 locations. We are currently in the process of building our 8th location.

In the past we have always went with the Partner ACS system because it was easy to install and program. And it just works.

Since it was EOLed some time ago, not sure I want to buy yet another one for our newest location.

What would be a good replacement for the old ACS system? I see the IP Office has a "Partner" edition... does this provide any benefits over a real Partner system?

Needs:
At least 15 extensions. Will have 5 POTS lines (from Comcast). 3-4 users will need voice mail, and a night only auto attendant for announcing store hours, etc.. Also due to the way we operate, line appearances or a very good emulation of them is required. Remembering "parking lot/orbit" numbers is not going to fly with our staff. Anyone in the store could answer the phone at any extension at any time, so having a visual representation of active/held calls is important.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Yes, the IPO Basic is the Partner and retains the old Partner programming and features. The embedded VM isn't up to what the Partner Messaging was but should be more than adequate for what you want to do.

My only caution is that I have had serious problems with POTS lines from cable modems and the IPO that were never fixed by Avaya. I would recommend SIP trunks as the way around that.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
What Hal is telling you is the correct path to follow, just remember the IP Office Partner will only handle 18 Partner phone.

Originally Posted by hitechcomm
What Hal is telling you is the correct path to follow, just remember the IP Office Partner will only handle 18 Partner phone.

If this is a new install I wouldn't even consider the old Partner phones which have been discontinued so they are only available used/refurb. New systems get new digital phones.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 08/15/13 09:07 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The cost to go Essential is trivial and buys you a better phone system. Since I too don't recommend keeping the old phones it is only a few hundred dollar difference in price overall. Basic has issues. You could sell the old phones to a reman company and probably offset the investment in Essential Edition.

I work for a chain of retail stores with 7 locations. We are currently in the process of building our 8th location.

This is a new installation so no old phones are involved- unless he keeps a stock of replacements.

I also assume he also would like to keep the Partner functionality (key system) and administration because that's what the other stores have and the staff is familiar with.

All reasons for the basic and not learning a new system. If he wanted to learn a new system there are more suitable systems out there.

-Hal

While I sell suitable other systems nothing tops the IPO. Nothing.

I beg to differ. From the viewpoint of a telecom industry veteran and Avaya BP I have many criticisms of the IPO as well as Avaya itself. Not wishing a personal attack, but as an IT person who is not even an Avaya BP what you say carries little weight.

-Hal

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Jack Salvadore
While I sell suitable other systems nothing tops the IPO. Nothing.

I think you would find numerous arguments to that statement from the non Avaya vendors on here.

I had a conversation with one of the muckety mucks from Carousel (one of the largest Avaya BP's about the ongoing expense of ownership and numerous bugs .... he didn't disagree with me.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
you should believe in the product you sell and feel you are offering your customer the best equipment available . We all believe in what we sell and can find fault in what the competitors offer

AS to the OP's question I would stick a ACS in there if your happy with them and they meet your needs they will serve you until you find you need to do something they don't do. Even though they are EOA parts will be readily available for the foreseeable future

I'm doing a national chain store right now and they sent me a ACS to install . It think its a good choice for them

just because its new doesn't make it better or a better choice just because its EOL doesn't mean it doesn't do everything it was designed to do

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,413 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 137 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024