web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Customer is wanting to transfer callers (from outside) to an 800 number from a 4150 set on a Mitel SX200 ML-LW19. What is the easiest way to do this? I'd like to do any programming remotely and to just e-mail the directions to the front desk, if I can. On page 12 of the 4150 User Guide--it seems as if one can Conference and then just hang up when you want to drop out. It says that you must dial the number---but I was wondering if a SD could be used instead of manually dialing. I'm trying to get them going without sending a tech there.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

first question is can they do it manually now? If they can then a lot of the programming is done, i.e. tandeming trunks etc. The customer should be able to program the number under one of the 4140 keys and then when a call comes in and they want to transfer press the trans/conf and that key and the connection should be made. Alternately you could program a speed call bin and place the customer can program the abbrev dial access code and bin number. I sometimes do that if there is a chance the number will change then I can make the change remotely in form 31

This is a hotel request all the time, usually for national reservations. You need to make sure you have trunk to trunk enabled in the station and trunk's COS. Also check form 30, device interconnection to allow trunk to trunk interconnection. Program a speed dial in form 31 and don't forget the line access code.

If there is a tenant issue, you need to allow access to tenant station and trunk connections. Check the trunk to trunk interconnection in form 5.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
I have seen a few SX200 D/L (LW 15/16) where you couldn't transfer directly from the console to a speed dial, but you could transfer to an extension that was CFA to a speed dial. In ICP its usually not an issue but if it won't work, try the CFA trick. FYI.

Also, enable blind transfers.

As a general practice, I usually make the speed dial code #* and then put the 800 for reservations in bin 1. The user dials #*1 and then releases. Easy training, easy muscle memory.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024