web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#558251 09/20/13 08:35 AM
OP Offline
What can I say, have to come here for third party tech support to get a good response.

Have a Grandstream DP715 SIP DECT phone. Works A-OK in the office. A Customer wants a remote application for their 48x. So let the testing begin.

I can get the phone to register but no audio either way (incoming or outgoing).

Firmware is up to date.

RTP port is 15000

All other settings check out with Allworx (Awesome!) and Grandstream Level 1 support (anything beyond seems to take two weeks so far (assholes!)).

I have a packet trace as well. The Grandstream doesn't reply to the audio request. G.711 is first choice.

We regularly use remote and softphones on our system I am testing with, so our firewall is completely open to the appropriate settings.

Any thoughts? Comparable products?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Ahhh Bernie funny you should post this, I'm dealing with the exact same issue only with a 6x and 9212L's...register fine no audio either way, all setup seem's to be fine. I have (4) remote stations we are trying to setup and can't get a single one to work right...not even one from our office ( we did get it to work once but call drops every time after 16 sec's) huh?
I'm starting to suspect Charter's cable modem and blocked ports in that...routers are set at both ends correctly "we think" ! So going to give ISP a call today and see what happens...I'll let you know what we find.

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
It almost HAS to be ports that should be open and are not. If it's registered correctly but no audio either way---then it's got to be the ports. Make double sure you have ALL of the correct ones open on all routers.

This is one of the frustrating parts about remote phones--sometimes the routers just don't want to cooperate. Even when it's just an Allworx phone dialing a cell phone in a presence option---you've got to have ALL of the ports open that the Allworx is looking for. Do you have that list?? It's important.

Last edited by JWRacedog; 09/24/13 11:39 AM.
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Scott had tech support from CTD on the phone for prob 5 hrs yesterday checking everything..still can't get them to work...ports are open and checked and double checked...something in going on that nobody knows about yet. Now get this Mick. Remote phone can make a call via SIP trunk to our office and it works great audio both way's..we try to call him...no workie!! Remote phone trys to call Allworx ext in his office...no workie. Explain that one to me bash

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

Hmmmm......Time to get the 12lb sledge.

It looks like this stuff is happening in the Mitel forum, too. Somebody is going to be coming up with a solutions sometime....I hope. I'll keep scratching MY head.

Last edited by JWRacedog; 09/24/13 03:54 PM.
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Well, a little update !! 12lb sledge ended up being a 2nd static IP address, they have a 100meg broadband connection w/Charter..putting the AW in Nat w/dmz so that we are not using the cust router except for the sets on the lan..all trunking via the wan and remote sets same way...now it all works...

Moral of the story, No matter what they say: None of these new routers seem to want to play nice with SIP... Gotta get ahead of all that NAT crap....When is the last time you could find settings for SIP-ALG? This is getting to be a problem and the "cable co's" are no help and they get more and more into the sip trunk business also and block ports in their equipment also...why? you say !!!! They don't want to carry someone else's sip traffic on their pipe !!! Go figure !!!
Wireshark is going to be a tool that we are all going to be using in the future..just like our punch down tool..a daily thing...

Good Luck... wink

...bob...

Last edited by Wellco; 09/27/13 07:53 AM.

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

We have moved away from putting Allworx out on a static IP because the Allworx firewall is weak. If a hack attempt it banging on the Allworx, it tends to lock up. The key is to have a commercial grade router like Zyxel USG. They have the power to protect the Allworx from hackers and it's NAT table WILL work. The moral of the story is that if you have VOIP flowing through the router, make sure the router is upgraded to a commercial grade router. Never do VOIP through a consumer router. The other bad thing about a 2nd static IP is that you don't have QOS unless you're on MPLS.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
Yeah I think I need to take it upon myself to analyse the packet trace and wireshark file. My ports are definitely open as we have several remote but Allworx made remote sets on the same network. Grandstreams support has been no help.

The big ISP's can't help themselves can they?

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Everyone loves to talk about QOS...what a ripoff ! If you pay your carrier for QOS it's only good with them...once they hand off your traffic your at the mercy of anyone else carrying it and who knows if they want to continue the service..that's what bothers me. It all sounds great but is only as good as the circuit your riding on..IMHO.
Your right about quality routers..but customers tend to balk at the cost of them..especially the SMB (where most of the Allworx reside)just sayin !!!!

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

OP Offline
Alright.

Finally figured it out. It involved using the NAT Transversal setting on the SIP account + Setting up the Grandstream to use random ports for SIP and RTP, No transversal but Use a NAT IP of the WAN address that the remote phone was connected to.

Maybe the last setting was unnecessary but its working now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024