Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#559273 10/04/13 11:11 AM
OP Offline
On login VMMI keeps telling me that my login failed. What settings should I be using with the USB to serial adapter? It worked just fine with a direct serial connection but not with USB. I don't have the option of a serial port anymore so I have to get this USB thing working. Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
The settings are the same for either direct serial or USB. Typically 19.2,N,8,1. What brand USB converter are you using? A search will show limited to no success with certain brand of converters. Belkin and Gold-X always work.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
TRENDnet TU-S9. I've tried every baud rate with zero success. I should mention that I'm running Windows 8 which is not supported I know, but I was able to do the workaround to get it installed. The program seems to be running just fine if I could get it connected to my Comdial system. The setting you mentioned are the ones I had been using with my serial port on my old laptop. Unfortunately that machine has shit the bed. I've read some people are using this same usb adapter with success. Belkin does work for sure though?

Admin
Admin
Haven't tried any on Win 8 so all I know is they worked up to Win 7. I'd try a terminal emulation program like puTTY or Hyperterm to see if the USB hardware is compatible. You should get the VMMI banner screen if you have a compatible model. You should be able to find copies of puTTY and Hyperterm on the web.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Putty works on COM4 serial connection with 19200 speed. I was able to connect to the box and log on. I did use the workaround for Win7 to get VMMI on the Win8 box. I installed on WinXP and then copied the program folder over. VMMI launches and I get to the connect screen, put in the information and the settings and click OK. After a minute or two I get a message stating that the login has failed, check to make sure the communications parameters are correct.

Admin
Admin
Reset the telephone system and try again.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Still the same thing

Admin
Admin
"Putty works on COM4 serial connection with 19200 speed."

COM4 of the FXII or COM4 assigned to the USB on the PC? If it is COM4 of the FX it won't like that. Use COM1 or 2 for VMMI.

[Linked Image]
I've found converters using the FTDI chipset work best, the cheaper prolific ones can have trouble.

After you plug in your USB converter open up Device Manager on your PC, and expand the Ports category. Then you can find out what port number the USB adapter is using. You can also change it if you need to.

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
OP Offline
Sorry.....COM4 on the pc. That's exactly what I did was check to see what COM port the usb adapter took since it varies depending on what usb port I connect it to. All my other settings are the same as when I was using direct serial into my old laptop and it's now telling me my settings are incorrect since using usb. (well and since using win8 too) If it makes any difference, I have a DXP+, not an FX.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,779 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024