web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#560924 11/06/13 12:04 PM
Thesavo Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an SX-2000 LIGHT cabinet and a 3300MXe controller.
--
Software v7.1.6.10_1
System relink: No Relink has been applied.
Call Control relink: 37.1.6.9_SP1

--
I had an executive request a MUTE button for his handset calls. I confirmed that he wanted the ability to mute a handset call and not a hands-free call. I did some research, a few boards suggested that I just use the MICROPHONE button to mute a handset call, but that did not work. Nor did I think it would.

We are using Superset 4025 phones. I found the user guide, and it says.

Handset Mute
To mute your handset's microphone during a call:
* Press the Handset Mute feature key.
To restore handset microphone operation:
* Press the Handset Mute feature key again
I used the SUPERKEY to view the key assignments. He does not have a key that is assigned as HANDSET MUTE. I tried to program a personal key, but MUTE, and HANDSET MUTE did not show up as an available assignment.

I checked the following forms and neither MUTE or HANDSET MUTE show up.
  • Multiline Set Key Assignment
  • Feature Access Code Assignment
  • Class of Service Options Assignment

Is it possible that this is a feature that needs to be bought?

Last edited by LinuxTech; 11/06/13 12:23 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Curious. I don't happen to have my SX-2000 THB handy, but in the SX-200, from LW 16 all the way up to ICP, the Superkey is where you would find the Mute key. Or in Form 9*.

You are correct that "Microphone" is NOT the correct key, as that is for silencing a speakerphone only. My advice would be to review the Technician Handbook.

Thesavo Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by telephoneguy
Curious. I don't happen to have my SX-2000 THB handy, but in the SX-200, from LW 16 all the way up to ICP, the Superkey is where you would find the Mute key. Or in Form 9*.

You are correct that "Microphone" is NOT the correct key, as that is for silencing a speakerphone only. My advice would be to review the Technician Handbook.

I found a reference to LW in the SX-200 Handbook, but that seems to be a trailing Letter from a specific model controller. Is lightwire something? That is printed on the cover of the SX-2000 handbook.

I don't see anything in reference to a form 9 or form 09 in the integrated HELP or the SX-2000 handbook. I did find it in sx-200 handbook. But I think that they scattered the form amongst different forms for the SX-2000 and 3300.

I searched both the SX-2000 and 3300 ICP handbooks, and the word MUTE isn't returned. I confirmed that it was searchable. It found the word handset a hand-ful of times. I will bring them home to see if manually searching, finds anything.

Thanks for some keywords.

LW stands for Lightware. Mitel was one of the first systems to connect cabinets using Fiber. Lightware is the "Generic" or the OS.

Lightware up to LW 19.3 belongs to the SX-200 line. Lightware above that number (20+) is the OS software for the SX-2000 line, which is completely different. Each release of Lightware for a given line had different new features or supported new hardware.

You will not have "forms" in your SX-2000. I'm very rusty on the 2000 because the last one I had responsibility for was in 2001, and it got shipped to India.

It would be worth your while to find a Mitel dealer who still services the 2000 and pay for a service call.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,763 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, BobRobert), 75 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024