web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#562188 12/03/13 07:12 PM
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Since it appears that Cygnilink and Netlink are the same thing, I am posting my question under both names in the hope someone out there has tried this....

I have a UX5000 that was formerly the Primary system on a 5 node Cygnilink setup. Due to some issues with network performance, we dropped the Cygnilink setup a couple years ago and switched the network to Aspirenet. Works fine for us, no issues.....

I disabled the Cygnilink feature on the PBX ( I think) but when I download the database in PcPro, it still shows all the extension info from the old Secondary Cignilink sites. I don't see them in WebPro - but I also don't get a proper database backup in PCPro....

Today, I attempted to add an analog station daughter board to one of the cards on the system - but it would not recognize - just went into alarm mode. I saw this one other time on a system when I tried to add a card that exceeded the licensed port capacity of the system. I am thinking that the old Cygnilink Secondary system ports are still using license on this system even though they are no longer networked that way. This system is licensed for 256 ports, and I figure I am using 128 ports with installed devices.

I am looking at a program 51-14 in the manual called Cygnilink System Control that says I can use that to delete information for a network node and its slot information.

Wondering if that would clear out all the Cygnilink data from the other systems - but I certainly don't want to do something that would delete the current database, as I don't have a backup since PcPro give me the wrong data....

Pretty wordy here - but if anyone has experience with this Id like the insight. I suppose I could just add port license to the system, but that seems wasteful to me....

thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I know that on of the first steps in a netlink setup is to back up and save the databases in case to want to dismantle the links.

From the networking manual:
Before assigning a System ID, you should create a Recovery Database. The Recovery Database can be used when you want to disconnect the communication server from the NetLink.

It doesn't make much sense because most of the station programing is done after you set up the links. You may be able to back up to PcPro, default the system, then import the pertinent programming. If it doesn't work you can just restore it back and try again.

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep - since this was set up initially to be Cygnilink - there was no previous database to back up for recovery. I suppose I may have to default the system and rebuild it - but of course this is a big one.............

That's kind of what I was afraid of. Glad I didn't just try that and wipe out a bunch of stuff in the middle of the business day!

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Try building a database in PcPro importing from the backup. You may be able to import 90% of the stuff

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Good idea. I have rebuilt a couple databases from the ground up before - just not something this big. I could start with what I have and modify it to what I need.....

Thanks!

You could try deleting the secondary node from the primary using CMD51-14 (handset programming only)

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by NECiTech
You could try deleting the secondary node from the primary using CMD51-14 (handset programming only)

So, I can delete one or more of the secondary systems from the Primary database using 51-14? If that works, it would surely free up the port licenses I need......

Let me know if that's correct. Thanks!

Make sure you note what ports are in what order when you do this. Remember hardware assigns port order the program simply overlays the data on that.

Yes,51-14 removes the specified Netlink node (similar to deleting a card from a slot so it should free up all of the associated ports.
The node has to be disconnected before you delete it.
Always take a back up before making changes!

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
For now, I ended up deleting an unused 4-port CO line card, which allowed me to add the analog station daughter board. But, I would like to get all the other junk out of there too.

Since the Cygnilink system itself is totally shut down ( I moved all the other systems to Aspirenet and built them their onw new databases)would I still need to disconnect the system being deleted from the network? I can.... or I could just unplug the former primary from the network and delete them all?

thanks for any insights...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 180 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024