web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#563679 12/31/13 03:57 PM
OP Offline
I feel like such a noob, after 4 years working on these Samsung idcs Systems, I had a client ask me, How do I call the phone system and change the forwarding number to another cell.

When he was at the office, he forwarded the main line, to his cell phone. (Normal)

Then he wanted to change the forwarding to another employee.

Does he have to go, physically, to his office, and his main phone, and "clear" the forwarding, and re-do it for the 2nd number, while still skiing in Aspen...

I actually don't know how to do this...

any Ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by spokanetelecom; 12/31/13 03:58 PM.

TimeWarner provides.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

T.C Offline
Yes, unless you have remote access to the system via LAN connection.

Anoather option is to have Call Forwarding set for Ln 1 from your DT provider. They should have a feature called Remote Call Forwarding Access, where you can change the destination remotely.

OP Offline
T.C., thanks for the info. I do have LAN Connection access, but I don't want to give it to the customer, they have like 15 employees, and the LAN access would get around, "real fast"..

phonman123: we are on a T1 line, 24 channels, and I can assign any "trunk" as I wish, and too which number (DID) I wish.

I could setup the DISA, is that an Option to give them forwarding "setting" access?
( i know all the horrors of DISA too smirk )

thanks for all your help

TimeWarner provides.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Is your customer forwarding the CO lines through their feature code or forwarding personal extensions via phone system? Either way MOBEX would work as it allows access to trunks and station call forward settings. The latest 7400 user guide (6/11) has a decent set of user instructions for MOBEX.

Brian

OP Offline
Thanks Genesiscomm

Another NOOBIE error, I don't think I put in the type of phone system. This is an iDCS-500, rev L, with a T1, and all calls are configured thru MMC-714, to go to their respective extensions. They have 300 extensions and about 500 DID line numbers.

So from their handsets, they just tap, the forward button on their phone, and tap ALL, then put in, 9-3251111 (example) then tap OK.

I'm not sure if this iDCS-500 has MOBEX... will be checking that now...

Thanks for the continued help...

TimeWarner provides.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Oops, just saw you said iDCS - it doesn't have MOBEX, if you take the proper precautions you could setup DISA.

If using DISA be careful with passwords
As you mentioned things would go around fast

OP Offline
Thanks everyone... I think I'm gonna let them "down" easy, and keep "DISA" off the plate.

Just let them know, maybe they can look at upgrades to newer technology, if they want to start, VOIP'n, MOBEX, etc..etc.. it may be a good time for an Upgrade too...

Any suggestions on a replacement? Maybe the 7xxx series, they may be able to keep their phones, just replace their concentrator?

thanks for all the help

TimeWarner provides.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,677 Shoretel
189,672 CTX100 install
187,873 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 127 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024