web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#563874 01/05/14 12:44 PM
OP Offline
Anyone had any luck getting one of these installed. I have done plenty on the Comm Servers but am having no luck on my 1st 900 w/ SIP Stations. ESI's stance of "SIP will work we just don't know how" is growing frustrating. I would have to guess Polycom is one of the most sought after 3rd party devices to work on a PBX, so one would think ESI would know exactly how to make it cooperate with their PBX.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, just to be clear ESI systems are not PBX. They are hybirds. Hybirds are weird when trying to make them behave like a PBX. If the single line port can't be made to function like a single line PBX port, then the Polycom, most likely, will not function properly.

I ran into this with Comm Servers and found that the single line ports have to be set up as modems and then changed back to standard single line ports. ESI still does not know why this works, but it did for me. You might try that and see if it changes anything.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
SST Offline
what specifically is not working? Is it not registering? Does it register and not ring or not dial out or both or one? Have you used Wire Shark to sniff packets? ESI made the sip stations to work with Polycoms.

OP Offline
It is not registering. I have not sniffed it yet just because it seemed to be a simple setting that I was missing as ESI swears it is just like the Comm Server settings I was just wondering if anyone knows that to be true.

SST Offline
Try omitting the "@ESI" from the SIP User Name. That worked for me when I set up a Cisco 7940 as a SIP station.

We had major problems getting our first 900 system working with SIP. Are you sure you have the 3rd party sip license installed on the 900? Also for easiest installation, we made the username, and the password just the extension number in each (so you don't have to worry about all the other off characters). Once that is done, make sure that you have all of your polycom's information setup right (Link to download screenshots of the affected tabs https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dva562exbtinrd3/HV3lZjHJCt ) These docs are per ESI support, and i just highlighted the areas. Once this is done, good luck, because our SIP phones lock up frequently. If we change the extension number and re register the phone with the new extension, it works fine. But when we try and change it back, it fails. You have to reset the phone system to make them come back up. It has to be a registry problem inside the ESI, but they are not saying anything right now.

OP Offline
Yeah I ended up getting it to work a couple weeks back with a reset or 2 (or 20).

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024