web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#563631 12/31/13 02:24 AM
OP Offline
Hello folks, after a power outage a clients BCM 400 4.0 came back to life minus voicemail, the two door phones and the ability to use Element Manager. Resets have no impact, power led is solid but Feature/1/2/Modem/LAN 1 and 2 leds all flash on the main tray. Hard drive led is out and doesn't blink at all on power up. The drive is spinning however. Network leds on the LAN connection blink and seem to establish a connection but it cannot be pinged. The consensus was a bad hard drive but the replacement made no difference. The drive was just purchased for this trouble and is a 400 with 4.0, not a universal drive. We are still being advised (this BCM is an orphan for us as we did loads of CICS and MICS but one BCM only)by techs smarter than us that it is probably a bad replacement drive. All other phones/lines work...any opinions?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
When you power on, does it make more than 1 beep?
Like beep-beep-beep......beep.....beep-beep?

I just had a 400 that someone else was there first. Said it was a disk drive problem.
Then someone called me in, shipped a drive to the site and said replaced bad drive.
I did the SOW and replaced the drive.
When I powered on it did the beep pattern above.
I knew it wasn't a drive at that point but I gave it time to come up.....it did not.

I told them the Tray needed to be replaced.
Then sent out a tray - replaced it and put the orig disk back in. All came up ok.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Yep

HD - Especially if the phone system does not boot up or acting strange.

BFT - If the vmail does not come up and the capacitors are bulging ready to explode, especially if they are green which was replacement BFT has blue ones.

PS - Can make anything cause havoc.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
Sorry forgot to mention that the caps are black and blue not nasty green. Site is an hour plus away but I just tried the original hd in a bcm200 for a split second and the hd led does flicker for a moment on first power up as well as some beeps, something it didn't do in the system at site. So I'm a thinkin tray? No other functions other than vmail and doorphones seem affected. The doorphone function codes and vmail function codesd all come up "Inactive Feature".

I don't understand the beeping and flickering comment, did it boot up or not? flickering means its reading.
As for blue caps they can have issues too, its just a known issue with the green ones.
s
The phone side usually works when when a faulty HD because it only needs the HD on boot up then its independent like Norstar.
Knowing this does not really help.

I would bring both BFT and a PS, you will be able to know which one on same visit.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
The beeping flickering occurred when the suspect hd was connected to the BCM 200. When it was on the 400 there was no such activity. Hence my comment on thinking it will be the tray. I'm not sure that the phone side needs the hd on boot up at all since the hd never boots up and the phones work. If I had all those pieces yes I would bring them for sure but since this is the only BCM we ever touched we are purchasing the required pieces on the fly so to speak. I'm headed back there this week armed with components and I will post what goes down..or comes up.

I vote tray too in that case.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
Toronto, Canada

OP Offline
Hey guys sorry for the immense delay. Kinda thought i had posted a reply but, well didn't. All those in favour of the power supply being the issue, collect your prizes at the door.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 75 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024