web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
duaneb Offline OP
OP Offline
Time changes to military time after a few days. Intercom calls do not always work. Sometimes it will not ring or sometimes unable to dial. An outgoing call rang extension 116 and other similar things started a few weeks ago. Any ideas on what to look for?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Either bad database, bad power supply or bad cabinet. I would start with a cold start of cabinet and redo database from the beginning.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
duaneb Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank-you - I will start with that. How can I tell if the power supply is bad. Are there replacements available?

Last edited by duaneb; 02/03/14 11:47 PM.
Admin
Admin
Search for posts by member Frodo35. He is with a repair facility and I believe he has posted the proper test points and values. As far as I know the power supplies as a whole unit are not readily available. Someone else may know more.

[Linked Image]
Often the type of problems you noted can be caused by voltage problems in the main cabinet. Please note the transformer and regulator board on the left only provide the 37vdc to the main 4x8 board and the rest of the voltages are created there. You can verify voltages by checking the voltage points on the 7248 4x8 main board. The voltage test points can be found in the top middle of the board and are labeled -5va -12va hv 12va and 5va .The round metal tab labeled gnd approximately 2 inches below these test points should be used for your – reference. These are dc voltages and if there is any fluctuation on the 5va lead or it is more than .2 volts out of tolerance your cabinet needs to be repaired. The other test points are not as critical for this test but should not be too far out of tolerance. You will see 36 to 38 vdc on the hv test point.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,476 CTX100 install
187,625 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024