web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We use Unified Messaging 2.212 (Axxes 9.006), most users are on Outlook 2003 with latest updates. We recently migrated away from Exchange Server 5.5 to Kerio Mail Server 6.3.1. Since the migration I cannot seem to get Unified Messaging working again.

Voice mails are delivered to the inbox, but when you try to open and listen the following error pops up: "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook for instead. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed.

If I try to send a new fax I get the following error: "Error 0x80040119: CreateForm failed."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled UM 2.212 several times with and without Virus protection enabled to no avail. Plus I don't see anything in the Virus Scan logs that would indicate it is being blocked.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Axxess 9.006 with Unified Messaging 2.212 and 2-port fax card.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Search for a file called 'frmcache.dat'. Delete it and restart Outlook. Also, 2.212 is really old, you may want to ask yer reseller for the latest client revision.

OP Offline
I just deleted frmcache.dat and restarted outlook. I still get the same message.

What is the most recent version of UM right now?

OP Offline
I also uninstalled and reinstalled UM 2.212 but I still get "The custom form could not be opened" message.

Another potential fix:

Cause:
Security options have been enabled on the local directory. The current user does not have permission to modify files/folders.

NOTE: The security feature will only be available on WinNT/Win2000 systems utilizing the NTFS file system. This also applies to any operating system using NTFS.

Resolution:
Obtain access to the client via the Administrator account (or compatible account with authority to change permissions).

For Windows 2000:

1) Launch "Explorer" and migrate to c:\Documents and Settings.
2) Locate the "All Users" directory as well as the directory associated with the problem users login.
3) Right click on "All Users" and select "Properties".
4) Select the "Security" tab.
5) Ensure that "Everyone" has "Full Control" enabled, all "Allow" boxes should be checked.
6) Click advanced and de-select (uncheck) the "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object" box.
7) Select (check) the "Reset permissions on all child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions" box.
8) Click OK to exit "Advanced", Click OK again to exit "Properties".
9) Repeat these steps for the folder associated with the login you wish to use with ATC. During step 5, replace "Everyone" with the proper "%User_account%".

For Windows NT:

1) Launch "Explorer" and migrate to c:\%system_root%\Profiles.
2) Locate the "All Users" directory as well as the directory associated with the problem users login.
3) Right click on "All Users" and select "Properties".
4) Select the "Security" tab followed by the "Permissions" tab.
5) Ensure that "Everyone" has "Full Control" enabled.
6) Select (check) the "Replace Permissions on Existing Files" box.
8) Click OK to exit "Permissions", click OK again to exit directory properties.
9) Repeat these steps for the folder associated with the login you wish to use with ATC. During step 5, replace "Everyone" with the proper "%User_account%".

Make sure you have antivirus software disabled when loading the UM client. Keep the antivirus disabled until you have opened a voicemail in Outlook. (forms are not loaded until then).

2.221 is the latest version of UM.

OP Offline
I have tried these things and have been unsuccessful. However, I think I may have stumbled upon something working with the Mail Server Tech Support. Does this unified messaging require an off-line cache mode in order for it to work?

Also, thanks for the info on the latest version of UM.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,907 Shoretel
190,053 CTX100 install
188,227 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 66 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024