web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a DS2000 that has a 2004 4 hour card. I am pretty familiar with the system and have the cord and software...

But it doesn't really help with the voice mail system...

The 4 hour card should be way more than ample for the perhaps 7 minutes of greetings and menus on our 20 extensions... but some way, some how the system memory is shrinking. The system reports voice mail full when we have not more than 15 minutes of voice messages on the system. We have checked every extension from 300 to 330 (all that we have) and also box 600 which curiously had a very old message on it...

People say now and then that they left a message that we never got. Some of that is a lie and maybe some is real. Somewhere along the years, there MUST be a glut of old misrouted recordings but I cannot for my life figure out where they could be. In poking around via ext 700, I have found that there are empty boxes from 701 through about 710 - I didn't look further.

MY local NEC tech doesn't have a solution other than to "wipe" the card and re-record all of our menus and messages but that would be a huge and costly effort, and he isn't sure that would do it. He said it isn't a failure of the hardware or we would have other issues. This is the only issue with this system...

Really frustrated and need some advice, please. Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you only use 300 to 330 and 600 it would not be a big deal to initialize the VM and start over if you cant find where the use is.

Maybe a couple hours, huge and costly? I think not, or you need to find someone who knows the system well.

Have you checked all the Routing boxes, and virtual boxes?

Last edited by brokeda; 02/18/14 11:26 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply brokeda. I have a pretty large number of menus and recorded messages in there so it would be a bit of a hassle... was hoping to discover where else I could look to see what is gulping up the memory...

You mention routing and virtual boxes and that was my original thinking. I regret I simply don't know a way to find out what all of those are!?!? I can put a person on opening every box through x700 but I have no idea what ranges to start digging into. As I noted above, I only stumbled upon the existence of boxes at 701-710... Pardon my ignorance on this if I sound foolish. My NEC tech doesn't know where to look either.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
My NEC tech doesn't know where to look either.

call someone else , there has to be more than one NEC tech in the Charleston area .

a good tech should be able to look at it and find where the problem is .

The tech may be correct though and initializing and rebuilding may be the solution.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Key here is I'm trying to simply learn how to find what other voice mail boxes may be in the system. Does anyone know how to find them?

https://www.necdsx.com/docs/installation.htm

It's an over the counter system. Knock yourself out.

OP Offline
I'm all for knocking myself out... but none of the manuals address the voice mail system. Specifically what boxes are in there that phone calls or voice messages could have inadvertently been transferred to.

Look at the Intramail System Guide:

https://ws1.necii.com/ds2000/

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

The DS-Series IntraMail Compact Flash card is formatted as FAT, so you can access the files with a USB CF card adapter and a PC. If you feel adventurous you can try to clean out the old ICM messages by hand.

OP Offline
@DSX Deus... THANK YOU! I ordered a $6 USB CF card adapter and looked at the files. Sure enough there were HUNDREDS of oddly-stored voice mail messages from a time period years ago.

For future reference in case somebody else comes to this thread, I first had my whole staff check and clear their voice mail message files. I browsed the card in Windows and deleted the rest.

No problem since and it has been over 2 weeks.

For future reference of others, I am still unable to determine the logic of the file structure of the card. Also have no idea how so many messages got "lost" in the system. That will just remain a puzzle.

To round them up I just "searched all files" and found that incoming messages had a specific regularity to the filename versus name recordings, outgoing announcements and the like.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. Ended 2 years of aggravation.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024