web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#567805 03/07/14 09:43 PM
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Greetings,
Some things I can't figure out. My major experience is with Nortel systems large and small. What I can't figure out with the Samsung.
1) Is there a way to have a night button on a set that illuminates? I can do ring plan but as far as I can see the customer has no visualization that another ring plan has been invoked from the set.
2) Automatic Line Preference If the customer wants to pick up directly on an outside line to dial out, I know I can use Hot Line but then to dial an internal number they have to start dialing with the handset in the cradle, I suppose I could put a virtual Single Line on each keyset and call it intercom so they can depress it and dial internally but that seems kinda goofy.
3) On smaller installs where the customer wants all the lines to appear and ring on all the sets and also have dss keys when a call rings in all the dss keys assigned plus the DT keys flash making quite the light show. I tried to set answer by DSS keys to No and that didn't help, did I miss something?
4) Single line sets calling a busy digital set don't ring additional call keys but go to voice mail if set or return a busy, really? The work around I used was program a virtual SLT to the digital sets and busy forward the digital to the VSLT and build voicemail on the VSLT and forward the messages to the Voicemail of the digital set, probably a better way but that's what I did.
Any insights to a better way to handle the above I would be welcome to see them. Maybe I'm just not seeing the solutions clearly.
TIA,
John

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
1 - rp keys can have an extender, when programmed as such they will light up indicating which rp the system is in.

2 - Just dial the trunk line number rather then 9, or program trunk keys

3 - that's just how it is

4 - camp on. I believe this will achieve what you want

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Nameless,
1)Extenders I tried to figure that out and had no success.

2)Here in the States change is tough Dial 9 and you're good, what I never did that before. Silly I know.

4)Believe it or not auto camp on only works digital set to digital set or inbound trunk, not analogue to digital.

If you could give an example for the extender key I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
John

John 807
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The extender is the rp number

I've never tried slt to dgp when busy, will try it and ask Samsung about it

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Nameless, I would be interested in Samsungs response. I asked tech support here and they said the system wasn't designed for that, so I built my little work around. I thought I did an RP key with the RP number as the extender and it didn't work at all. I have one on the bench now I'll try it again tmw.
Thanks Again,
John

John 807
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
For your option 2 line preference you could delay it for a couple of seconds before it picks a line giving the user the chance to make an internal call first

Option 3 yes it can be a pain but I can see why they want this.What if you were going to call a phone and didn't know it was ringing and had the DSS call pickup feature on?You'd accidentally pick up a call you didn't know was ringing.

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks I tried the delay but these people just pick up and start to dial and would get frustrated when the call didn't complete. They just leave the handset in the cradle to dial intercom and pick up to dial out.
I see your point on option 3 I just would have thought DSS pick up on DSS key flashes DSS pick up off it doesn't flash. For people coming off other brands of systems these two items seem to be the most complained about. Then they get used to it.

John 807

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024