web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
While I understand it's functionality may be better suited to IT professionals I find it far less efficient than Programmer.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
not yet, but, would like to see a web based System Programmer for the Digital systems...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
So far it is clunky and slow compared to any web based interface an IT professional is going to be used to dealing with.

And its clunky and slow compared to System Programmer for ESI techs.

In fact, it is so slow, clunky, and finicky that I would strongly suggest that you factor in a 50% increase in your labor time for programming.

i.e. if you're used to getting a normal 8 phone simple deployment programmed in about 4 hours with system programmer, you better factor in 6-8 hours to do the same exact programming through WESP.

You can't do "bulk" programming with WESP and then send changes. You have to send changes once you're done with each function. It then loads every page, not the changes, which takes f...o...r...e...v...e...r

And some functions can ONLY be done through a phone, not WESP, and the first few times you're doing this, you'll find out the hard way. i.e. you'll be locked out of WESP for 30 minutes.

Suffice to say, they have a LOT of work to do in order to get WESP up to a reasonable level of functionality.

I find this amusing as it is almost 1 year later, and WESP still has most of the issues as previously stated in the posts. We were speaking with some of the higher ups a few weeks back, and supposedly there is going to be a new release soon (I hope) that fixes about 130 bugs in WESP. They need to make it faster, and have some type of ability of looking at offline programming. We just programmed all the key patterns on 60 phones because a of how slow the interface is.

so, on a 900, we noticed that you Can NOT program special feature keys on the phone ( thru the phone ) and you HAVE to use WESP. What were they thinking? :-(

Not sure what you mean by that Brian. You can program everything through the phone. If you know the code, you have to enter a # before the code. Like #571 for personal greeting 1. Why they made that have to happen is beyond me. The overall performance with everything through wesp is about 100 steps backwards from system programmer. Also about 50 % of the time when you send changes, it fails. Then you have to cross your fingers and hope your programming may be sent or it might not. I believe they rushed with this too much and didn't take enough time to see what their dealers may or may not have wanted.

oh, I did Not know about the ' # ' sign...but, I do know Button mapping is a real pia. ( same for System Programmer Button mapping the 60D phones)

I don't find it amusing, I find it very sad. ESI was a good company a few years ago. Now it feels like they're circling the drain.

Introducing new product and providing updated software as well as enhancements to current products are not the characteristics of a company "circling the drain."

I admit, WESP is not ready for prime time, but, really, what first release (or third, for that matter) ever is? All of the companies throw the programs out there and then depend on users to find the bugs.

ESI is a niche company. If they stay true to their established base and not try to become too big for their own good, they will remain viable for a long time to come.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024