web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
GregT Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer using a remote ip phone at their home and has been using ATT Uverse. The phone was working fine until the customer upgraded the internet speed at the home. The phone now goes offline after placing a call or calling another phone on the system. They have 3 other remote ip phones that work fine on the system. I have brought the phone to our office and to my home and it works fine with no issues. Does anyone have suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by GregT
I have a customer using a remote ip phone at their home and has been using ATT Uverse. The phone was working fine until the customer upgraded the internet speed at the home. The phone now goes offline after placing a call or calling another phone on the system. They have 3 other remote ip phones that work fine on the system. I have brought the phone to our office and to my home and it works fine with no issues. Does anyone have suggestions?

Well .... if it worked before, and works at other remote locations it certainly points to the circuit being the issue.

I know some providers are blocking VOIP on their circuits.

Tech support can monitor it and give you some insight on where the packets are dropping.

Ask AT&T to provide you with a QOS study and ASK them, point blank, if they are blocking or attempting to block VOIP. Have some good data to construct a resolution.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
GregT Offline OP
OP Offline
I am going to go to customer site and run a wireshark to see if I can see anything. She has had a Tech out from ATT and they claim that they are not blocking anything. I am using uverse at my home and the phone worked fine. She was working fine until they ugraded there speed. Do you think that we will really get an someone from att to admit they are blocking voip?

If they do a QOS report, they won't have to "admit" anything. The proof will be there in the report.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
GregT Offline OP
OP Offline
The customer contacted ATT and their reply was that they cannot do a QOS Audit. They do not have the ability to do one of these. They can only do a ping and trace route. Any ideas on how to get one of these done?

OK. You basically have a moron at AT&T. The network providers must do QOS audits on their systems as a requirement of their provisioning by the FCC. So, the statement is ludicrous.

Let's see if we can do it ourselves. First, what is the router and switch at the KSU? Next, what is the router and switch at the problem location?

One thing you might try, for no apparent reason other than it's Tuesday, replace the POE adapter at the remote site.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
GregT Offline OP
OP Offline
The KSU site is ATT fiber with cisco switches that ATT has installed and configured. The modem/router at the home is a Motorola NVG589. Early in the game I did give here a new phone and POE adapter that she is still using. I did experience the issue for myself yesterday. I went to the home and ran debug on the system while using the phone. If you pressed prog/help on the phone the phone just keeps on walking you thru the help menu even after you press a digit. So it appears that the phone is still connected and communicates somewhat.

Click Here for information regarding setting up that router to use VoIP. It turns out only certain versions of that router support VoIP and there are also codec selections that should match.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
GregT Offline OP
OP Offline
Would these Voip settings be just for the lines that can be used off of the modem?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 109 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024